Yesterday we made Christmas Cookies at my sisters house. We had such a fun day. This is one of my favorite traditions throughout the Christmas Season. Sadly, this year my Mom could not be there to make them with us, but she did say they were delicious! Can you believe how cute this little guy is!!

My little nephew really enjoyed making cut-outs, and you will see his decorating skills later!

Ready for the oven! My sister made the cookie dough from scratch, we tried a different recipe this year. They turned out so amazing!!
Here is where the cookies went as soon as they got out of the oven.
Now it's time for frosting and decorating. This was really the fun part. First of all, my sister dumped all of the little silver decorative balls all over the kitchen. It was so funny, all you saw was tiny little balls bouncing all over the floor. She attempted to pick them up, until she gave up. Lets just say we had a dirty floor after we were done.
While my sister was still on the floor trying to pick up a little of the mess, my niece accidentally dumps all of the green sanding sugar on poor Mr. Snowman. By then we were all laughing hysterically. She thought she had the side of the container open that just sprinkles it out, but instead it was the other side that is wide open. It was great! We gave that one to my nephew, he loves sprinkles. The first thing he did was stick his finger in it!
Here he is decorating his own cookies. Can you see he had an audience. He was so adorable while he was decorating (as always).
Yum, Yum! Those look delicious! Wink. Wink. His decorating was priceless.
Here is the finished product. It seemed like we were frosting and decorating for hours! It took us from 10am-4pm. We did help my sister clean up the mess that was left in her house! You should have heard the sweeper when I was in the kitchen, we most definitely made a mess, but it was worth it! I will remember this day forever. It is such a blessing to me to be able to spend a day like this with the people that I love most! The cookies are so delicious. Speaking of which, I think I might go eat one!!
5 DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!





6 comments:
glad you & your family were able to enjoy a day of baking goodies...
This is what it looked like when I made buckeyes last week. I made over 100... Made them for friends & family. I am going to make more tomorrow, hopefully my boyfriend will not eat them as fast as I can make them this time.
My Blog
Wow! That is ALOT of cookies! They look good!
Whoa! Somebody must really love cookies! You made like a million!!! A bunch of the little girls at church are having a cookie party in the morning, and I'm going to help out. But I'm smart. I'm leaving before it's time to clean up. Heehee.
How fun, The ones your nephew decorated are awesome! It looks like you guys had an absolute blast together.
The raw cookies look delicious :)
I hope you guys have a great Christmas!
Oh my goodness that is a lot of cookies!!! They look soooo good =)
Wow, there are tons!!!
You guys must have had a blast:-)
Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment