
Welcome to our Home that is so ready for Christmas it's about ready to burst!!
I will start off your tour at my side/main entrance of our home.

As you enter into our little landing you will see...

...our little "Welcome Tree" and...

...a handmade sign that my Sister made for me last year.

Here are the stairs to our basement.
The main attraction is our Tree.

We got our tree the first year that we were married from Wal Mart for $30, we were really happy with the price. For me, I need a pre lit tree. It is just so easy and it has lasted us 4 Christmas'.

Instead of using a tree skirt (I am too cheap to buy one, they are expensive!) I use buffalo snow, you can usually find it at Wal Mart.
A shimmering star I found at Wal Mart.
...as well as this cute primitive snowman with a bell...

...and also this clip on snowman tree ornament. Each year as I decorate our tree, and I get all the ornaments out, each one gets more special and more meaningful. I cannot imagine how it will be in another 20 years, I will probably be crying my eyes out as I decorate our tree!

Next you have our front entrance, which enters into our living room. I have a wreath that I found at a garage sale and a cute little snowman hanger that my sister got me for my Birthday 2 years ago. I very rarely buy any new holiday decorations, I have had a ton of success at garage sales/ thrift stores. I never buy anything that I do not love, so I guess I have been lucky to have found most of my decorations for a great price. I also have a pretty small house as well.

This next item is another one of my garage sale finds!! I was so happy with this sign. It says "Tis the season to be Jolly."

Below is our dining room table. I found my reindeer a year ago at our local thrift store, they were wooden, so I spray painted them white. I thought they were so cute. The wreath around the glass vase I found at a garage sale as well. This is the first Christmas for the wreath in our Home. I just threw in some pine cones to finish it off.

Below on our serving center, you will find a small manger scene, a few more reindeer, a candle arrangement and more pine cones.

This next piece is my latest most precious find at our local thrift store. A cute little primitive snowman with a lit up tree. Each year around Thanksgiving our local thrift store has a Christmas Extravaganza, this year we were there the first day they brought out all there Christmas stuff. We look forward to this event each year. My aunt is a volunteer there so she gives us all the inside looks!!


This is the door to our upstairs (which we never use, and its cold up there).

Next is the start of our kitchen. My favorite Christmas decoration is most definitely snowmen. This is probably my favorite snowman that I have.

These next two snowmen get to watch me cook, or should I say, watch me try to cook. I made the big snowman at one of our church outings. It is the coolest thing, you start with a tiny little tree, then you insert a small light, then you put the white snow stuff around it and add the scarf, hat, face and buttons with super glue. It has held up for 3 Christmas'.

We got our tree the first year that we were married from Wal Mart for $30, we were really happy with the price. For me, I need a pre lit tree. It is just so easy and it has lasted us 4 Christmas'.

Instead of using a tree skirt (I am too cheap to buy one, they are expensive!) I use buffalo snow, you can usually find it at Wal Mart.
Next are some of my favorite ornaments. I have begun to love ornaments more and more each year.
This basketball ornament was my husbands. He loves basketball. His family did a great job of getting the kids ornaments each year, and now they mean so much.
A shimmering star I found at Wal Mart.
...as well as this cute primitive snowman with a bell...
...and also this clip on snowman tree ornament. Each year as I decorate our tree, and I get all the ornaments out, each one gets more special and more meaningful. I cannot imagine how it will be in another 20 years, I will probably be crying my eyes out as I decorate our tree!

Next you have our front entrance, which enters into our living room. I have a wreath that I found at a garage sale and a cute little snowman hanger that my sister got me for my Birthday 2 years ago. I very rarely buy any new holiday decorations, I have had a ton of success at garage sales/ thrift stores. I never buy anything that I do not love, so I guess I have been lucky to have found most of my decorations for a great price. I also have a pretty small house as well.

This next item is another one of my garage sale finds!! I was so happy with this sign. It says "Tis the season to be Jolly."

Below is our dining room table. I found my reindeer a year ago at our local thrift store, they were wooden, so I spray painted them white. I thought they were so cute. The wreath around the glass vase I found at a garage sale as well. This is the first Christmas for the wreath in our Home. I just threw in some pine cones to finish it off.

Below on our serving center, you will find a small manger scene, a few more reindeer, a candle arrangement and more pine cones.

This next piece is my latest most precious find at our local thrift store. A cute little primitive snowman with a lit up tree. Each year around Thanksgiving our local thrift store has a Christmas Extravaganza, this year we were there the first day they brought out all there Christmas stuff. We look forward to this event each year. My aunt is a volunteer there so she gives us all the inside looks!!


This is the door to our upstairs (which we never use, and its cold up there).

Next is the start of our kitchen. My favorite Christmas decoration is most definitely snowmen. This is probably my favorite snowman that I have.

These next two snowmen get to watch me cook, or should I say, watch me try to cook. I made the big snowman at one of our church outings. It is the coolest thing, you start with a tiny little tree, then you insert a small light, then you put the white snow stuff around it and add the scarf, hat, face and buttons with super glue. It has held up for 3 Christmas'.
I hope you enjoyed the Christmas Tour of our home. I had a great time showing you around, I would love it if you could stay for a cup of Hot Coco!!
I cannot wait to tour your home!
Merry Christmas!










10 comments:
Your home looks wonderful! Happy Holidays
I love your decorations....the snowmen in the kitchen, and particularly that Welcome Tree! So cute!
Okay... you make me want to go my local thrift store or a yardsale. You have found such cute things. I love snowmen as well. They are all over my house this time of year.
Thank you for welcoming us into your home. :)
Merry Christmas
Very pretty :)
Merry Christmas
I have to say that I love love love your snowmen. I collect them so I'm pretty drawn to them. LOL!
Have a very Blessed Christmas!
Kim
I just love all of your pretty decorations. Your house is beautiful.
What a cozy inviting home!! I am in love with your framed stitchings. Merry Christmas!
LOVE your home and the new blog background
Looks darling, I especially love your cozy tree and cut star on top!
oh i just love high school sweetheart marriages - that must be so fun to share those memories together! my parents have been together since they were 13 and 14 and i have their homecoming and prom pictures framed in my house - i love thinking of what they must have been like back then! ...and your house looks great for Christmas as well! Enjoy the season!
Jen
Post a Comment