Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Provera, Clomid and lots of Prayer!!

My Doctor called!!!

It was Thursday night, we were on the porch grilling out. The whole day I had been checking the phone anxiously awaiting a phone call from the Doctor. My wonderful hubby was in the house, and all of a sudden he brings my ringing phone out to me and it was the clinic's number!! We were both so excited. I was so happy that my hubby was in the house when my phone rang. I cannot believe I didn't have it right by me, but it worked out perfectly.

Here is the wrap up of my conversation with my Doctor:

He said my test results all came back great, and by great he means it's OK for me to start a cycle of Clomid!! My progesterone levels were only at 0.5, he said I was not ovulating at all with those levels. I knew that was so, in the back if my mind I just knew I was not ovulating. So that was not a shock to me. I try my best to face reality throughout our IF journey. It is so easy to get your hopes us every month to make you think that you are pregnant.

Here is what we will be doing next:

I am now starting to take Provera to get my cycle started, after I took a pregnancy test. It is very important to take a pregnancy test prior to starting Provera, mine came out negative so I started my Provera last night! Once my cycle starts I will be starting Clomid! I will be starting off our first month at 200MG of Clomid, exactly a year ago I was on my 2nd month of Clomid at 100MG. The highest I ever went was 150MG, which was May of 2009, and I had a slight rise in my progesterone with the 150MG. So I am REALLY curious what the 200MG will do for me!!! This would be my 4th round of Clomid in my lifetime.

You might be wondering why I am not doing an HSG. I talked to my Dr. about that when he called on Thursday. I was so glad that I did. He would recommend that we try the first month of 200MG of Clomid, and see how I react to that. If I get a good reaction to it, like my progesterone levels raising, then most likely my tubes are open and good. He said 90% of the time the HSG reveals good, open fallopian tubes. I was so happy that I asked him, and that he was honest with me about it. He is very direct and to the point, which I love!!

I will need to schedule blood work around CD 17-18 to check my progesterone levels to see if I ovulated!! I hope and pray that I will ovulate. It is so crazy to think that we are doing Clomid again, I am really excited to get started. I feel at peace about this. Which is the best feeling in the world.

Right now I only want to think about this month, this round of Clomid, not our future. I want to focus on today, and not wish my tomorrows away. I want to live in the moment, and be happy in the moment!! Too many times I have ruined today because of worry. God can take all my worries so that I do not have to deal with them, they weigh me down so much. So today my blessing is that God lifts my burdens from me, and takes my worries away. Too me that is a huge blessing!!

Has God lifted any of your burdens, or taken any of your worries away? I would love to hear about how God has helped you today!!


10 comments:

The Pifer's said...

Praying for you sweet friend!!!!!

Love ya!!

Anonymous said...

Glad you got great news!! So happy everything is going great!

Brittany said...

What a nice post! I'm so happy to hear about your good news. I'll be praying for you!

Jamie said...

So exciting! That's great news :)

Julianne Hendrickson said...

so happy for you!!! keep us updated :)

Unknown said...

so exciting and happy for ya'll! Cannot wait for the updates :)

Alphabet Soup Momma said...

I will be praying for you!

Meant to be a mom said...

Love this post!!!! I'm so excited for you guys to start this cycle. My prayers are with you guys.

I'm so proud of you for being so faithful, for being positive and excited to start the journey to becoming parents. Trust me its way worth any and everything you have to do to get there. Keep positive as much as you can, I think it truly helps in the end.

Keep us updated on whats going one :)

Lianna Knight said...

Praying that this cycle will bring all your dreams to a reality!!!

Blessings!

Iva Messy said...

positive thoughts your way!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails