Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Infertility is Bad. Busy is Good.

We had a good Thanksgiving.

We stayed very busy.

We ate lots.

I went shopping on Black Friday.

We ate some more.



As the Holiday came and went I kept myself very busy. I cooked a Thanksgiving meal. I spent time with family. I went shopping. I got a Starbucks. I did laundry. I cleaned. I got all our Christmas decor out (except our tree).

Then all of a sudden I was not busy. I was emotional. I was sad. I knew it was coming sooner or later. I had been doing so great. As we go through infertility, it is always on my mind. It just depends on how I handle it. When I am busy, I push it to the back corner of my emotions. And I love that feeling. I love not having it control me. I love that it seems ok. But it always rears its ugly head, and I end up having it control my emotions. I've been working on trying to regain my emotions quicker than I normally could. By that I mean, I have my half hour or hour of sadness, tears, and hopelessness. Then I need to snap out of it and think of positive things. I cannot let it go on and on. That is when it really starts controlling you. It does not mean that my chest stops hurting from a broken heart, or that my tears will go away forever. It just means that I can control this ugly thing called infertility. I am far from where I want to be, but I am on my way there.

One of the best things about this Holiday season for me has been that I am busy!! Which for me means less time for me to focus on infertility!! I'm wondering, if you are going through infertility, what helps to ease your mind from it?

I am more in the Holiday spirit this year than I have been in a while. I am so excited for the month of December. I am thankful that the Lord gives me joy through the Holidays. Really why would I have cause to complain? I have many more blessings than I deserve.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The holdays have been really difficult for me this year. It's the first holiday that I've experienced since we decided to start our family. Keeping busy has helped me, but then when I slow down, I get overwhelemd with emotions. I'm just trying to count my blessings, and remember that God has everything under control. Even when it doesn't make sense and even when it doesn't seem like He has it under control. Praying for you!

Kendra said...

I know....I know exactly what you are feeling.

I am soooo praying next year looks different. Next year at this time it could look so very different!!

Iva Messy said...

think positively! ;) everything will work itself out :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails