Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Ovulation?!

If you have been reading my blog for a while you will know that I have problems ovulating. I have not been to any doctor or OBGYN since they could no longer help us at our local women's health center. So I have absolutely no idea if I am ovulating now, or if my progesterone levels have gone up consistently. I am pretty sure that they have gone up since I've been using the Progesterone Cream (which I started to use after we were done at our Clinic) but is it enough to ovulate? I was wondering if any of you have ever tried using an Ovulation Predictor Kit? I have wanted to try one for a few months now, so I thought I would get advice from the best support group ever. You ladies!! Are they accurate? Any certain brand you would recommend?

I would also love to hear from anyone who is struggling with ovulation problems, and what you are doing about it. Feel free to e-mail me @ loriweaver86@yahoo.com if you do not feel comfortable leaving a comment. I would love to hear from you, and I would love your help with this.

I'm not sure if it's the Holiday's coming up or my Hubby's busy schedule sneaking up on me, but I have been having a hard time with our infertility. I wish it would get easier, not more difficult. With each month that passes I feel like I am sinking further into this pit of darkness, despair, and heartache. It seems I always think about our infertility the most at night, when I am lying in bed not being able to sleep. Some nights are horrible, I feel so useless, and out of control. I know that I have to let God carry my burden's but that doesn't automatically make me stop thinking or caring about this. It helps a lot when I keep myself busy with things I like to do, and also it helps to read all my friends blogs!! It seems that I can go a few days or a given amount of time doing great, loving life, trying to embrace every moment of my NOW. Then the next minute I am like a crazy woman! My poor, poor hubby. All it can take for this to happen is to see a mommy not even care about her screaming infant, or a child getting yelled at with no reason for it all, etc. Then I feel even worse because all the effort it took for me to have my good days was just crushed and meaningless it seems. Guess what happens then? It starts all over again.

Today I pray for an obedient heart, and a calm spirit. I pray that I will be a good mommy when my time comes. I pray for peace to all my blogger ladies going through this journey as well.

I have many blessing in my life, I need to do better at recognizing them.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah sweetie. I completely understand your frustrations and dissapointments. As you know we have fertility problems also. I have endometrosis so while its not an ovulation issue I can still understand. After a few months on TTC Hubs and I decided to purchase the Clear Blue Easy Fertility Monitor. It is pretty expensive but so easy to use. And depending on how long you TTC it could end up being cheaper then having to buy ovulation predictor kits each month. We ordered ours off of amazon.com. I have stopped using the test strips but I do still use it to keep up with my cycle says. You should look it up online and read reviews about it. I am praying for you and your husband. I know what a difficult time this can be.

Alexis said...

Infertility is such a roller coaster. The higher you get in your excitement and confidence that it's finally happened, the greater the fall when you find out that it hasn't.

We used prediction kits from Walmart, but I'm not sure of the name. Pink box, maybe? I don't remember. But, yes, they do work, and it is somewhat encouraging to finally see two pink lines on a test of any kind, know what I mean?

Praying for you, friend. That's not a casual statement. I am truly praying for you.

Anonymous said...

The holidays coming up have been really difficult for me as well. I know if anyone in our family makes a surprise announcement over the holidays I will not handle it well. :( I have never used an ovulation kit, but I have used the strips. I get them online and they are so much cheaper than at the stores. Let me know if you are interested and I can give you the details on where I found them. Praying for you!

pregnant in Manhattan said...

I've been reading your blog for a while but never left a comment before (so hello!)

I tried everything to increase my chances of ovulating. I was tracking my temperature and could tell I wasn't ovulating, not even on clomid. The only thing that has worked for me is the Ovidrel injection which induces ovulation within 36 hours. It's pricey (even after my insurance I have to pay $50 out of pocket) but it got me to ovulate last month. Trying it again this month.

Keep the faith! I know exactly how you feel- have been feeling really discouraged myself lately. This is SO hard!

Bethany said...

Hi Lori ... somehow I just happened on your blog. I was completely in your shoes about 6-7 years ago. I suffered infertility for about 3 years before moving into Clomid, IUI's and then IVF. Both of my bio kids were conceived via IVF and then we adopted one too. :)

I have no words of wisdom, only because I know how hard it is to be where you are right now and really nothing anyone says will make it better. Just expect nothing and hope for the best. That is where I ended up. The worst is getting your hopes up, only to have them crashed down. Eventually, and maybe even now, you will expect nothing. Try not to stress too much, because that isn't doing your body any good either. But yeah, I know all too well how hard it is.

Hugs to you ... please let me know if you have any questions about the process. It has been a couple years, but I remember it clearly! Just know that one day, you will have a baby in your arms and you will have a child calling you Mommy ... how you get there is up to God. :)

Bethany said...

BTW the ovulation sticks never worked for me. I felt like they gave me positives for more days than they should have and clearly they didn't work either for me, because I ended up doing IVF.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails