Wednesday, December 15
Our Little Blessing at 28 Weeks and 2 Days!!
Hello 3rd Trimester
How far along? 27 Weeks and 2 Days
Baby's size and stats? By this week, Savannah weighs two and a quarter pounds and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. This information taken from Pregnancy.com
Gain? 17 Pounds! Last week at my Dr. App I gained 16 pounds, and this week I gained 17 pounds total. So I gained one pound last week.
Maternity clothes? Still mostly the same. All maternity bottoms, and a few regular shirts.
Sleep? Sleep is good unless I awake to my leg being numb, then I switch sides, after I go to the bathroom! :)
Foods I am loving? Milk, chocolate candies, spaghetti.
Foods I am hating? Plain Chicken, turkey.
Best moment this week? This week was a little crazy, actually a lot crazy. The best moment for me was to see Savannah on the ultrasound screen, and to know that she is ok!!
Movement? She has been moving quite a bit, and I love every single movement. I had been feeling something under my ribs when I sit, and I thought it was a foot, but it turns out it is her head!! She is breech. I am praying that she will turn on her own by 36 weeks. If not they will try to turn her at 36 weeks, but due to my anterior placenta (placenta is in the front) they are not able to do much to try and move her. Which means a c-section. :(
Symptoms? I had an attempted pre-term labor scare this week, and am off of work for a week until hopefully it will calm down. On Monday I started cramping really badly, and then bleeding. Can you say SCARED!! The cramping did subside, but the bleeding did not. So I immediately called my Doctor's office, they had me come in to see the Doctor. I had some spotting in the past, but that was due to the polyp I had develop on my cervix. But this was different, this was painful and a lot more bleeding, and bright red. We got to the Doctor, and my blood pressure was low, which contributed to why I felt very faint and nauseated that morning. I was examined, and nothing seemed out of place, or wrong. Savannah's heart rate was at 156, which was down from a week ago when it was at 165. I contribute that to my low blood pressure. He wanted me to be off work for a week, so hopefully they would be able to give me some answers in the meantime. I went in yesterday for an ultrasound to check on everything. Savannah was cozy inside my tummy! She is so precious!! She was measuring a week behind, so she is a little small, but that is totally normal at this point. She is also Breech, which I explained earlier. But other than that nothing seemed to be wrong, and they could not give me an answer as to why the bleeding occurred. They said the cramping/contractions were a threatened pre-term labor attempt. I am scheduled to do do my Glucose Test tomorrow, and to see a Doctor who will give me more details as to what they all found from the ultrasound. Hopefully everything will check out fine tomorrow. I did have another strong cramping/contraction this morning but no bleeding, and I immediately laid down, and have been laying pretty much ever since. I talked to the Doctor yesterday after the ultrasound just for a preliminary look at the ultrasound, and he thinks since we did not find anything out of the ordinary at first glance, it could just be the way my body is handling the pregnancy. He said my body is not handling it very strongly, so hopefully that is all that is wrong, and Savannah is fine!! I would love to know if anyone experienced anything similar to this during there pregnancy!!
Gender? A GIRL...Our Sweet Savannah
What I'm looking forward to? Tomorrow's appointment to see if everything looks good.
Milestones: 3rd Trimester
Weekly Pics!
Black is not a good color for these, because it makes it so hard to see the growing bump! Hopefully next week will be a lighter colored shirt.


Today I feel so blessed that Savannah is still in my tummy!!9 Days
10 Hours
16 Minutes
TILL CHRISTMAS!!!




14 comments:
Wow I know that had to be scary! It's good to know Savannah is perfectly fine though! And she could still turn... Hannah turned around 30 weeks for me but I still ended up with a c-section. It really wasn't bad at all. And I have 5 friends who have had both natural and c-section deliveries and they ALL prefer c-section!
oh my, so scary!! i'm so glad to hear you and baby are doing good hun! cute pictures hun! exciting your are in your third trimester now!!
My goodness!! I know that had to be scary! I'm glad they think everything is fine! I can't believe you are in your third trimester already! I love reading your blog!! Let us know what they say tomorrow! Praying for you!!
That would be scary! I'm glad everything looks okay, and I hope everything continues to stabilize and goes well!
Just sent you an email - but I forgot to mention that while Luke was head down from early on, Abbey didn't flip until head down until 32 weeks! SO you still have time =)
And I will be praying you don't have to have a c-section...some women say they aren't so bad, and I believe some women just truly have an easy time, and maybe you would too! But I hated having one...and I thought getting to push Luke out was awesome =)
Oh wow girl you are under stress just like me...So Sorry...I hope it subsides...I think these babies are acting up for both of us and they should listen to their momma's and settle down in there because we are no where near ready for their arrival...and thats an order:)
Also I noticed you put 27wks 2days instead of 28wks 2days...gotta love pregnancy brain...I did this myself on my 3rd trimester post...so weird we are twins:)
Very scary! You look great, hope she continues to stay snug in your belly.
Oh gosh girl! I'm glad everything is looking okay!
Oh my! How scary, I'm sure you totally freaked out inside, I know I would have. Thank the lordy everything is alright. Keep us updated on what the doc says. I will keep you ladies in my prayers.
Praying everything is okay and that you dont have any more pain/bleeding! YAY for making it to the 3rd trimester!
Oh just wanted to add that I went to a breastfeeding center and tried on several styles I am on the bigger side so I need a really good nursing bra no skimping for me...so I tried on all the ones they had in store and really liked the Bravado line the best...Right now on Target.com they have the bra's at 20 percent off until I think the 18th? They sell the cheaper Bravado in store but the more expensive one that I plan to wear out is online only and orginal price of 49 dollars..its called the Bravado Seamless nursing bra...the cheaper one was 23 dollars but more for around the house/at night...both of these the lactation consultant said you could buy pre delivery because thy are stretchy but all the ohter ones you have to wait until two weeks after you deliver when your milk come in...I cant imagine my girls getting bigger than they already are..YIKES!
So scary, it must have been terrifying for you, but so glad everything is okay! Get plenty of rest, keep us updated.
You look fabulous by the way, third trimester, 81 days to go! This last trimester will fly!
have a great weekend, keep us updated, i'll be thinking about ya!
OMGoodness!!! That is so scary. Thank the Lord she is OK. Stay off your feet momma!! Please keep us posted as to how you and baby are doing. Praying for you guys. You look fabulous too by the way!
Kami
I am so glad everything is ok!! Congratulations!!
Post a Comment