This will be a really random post, I have some questions that I am finally getting answered and some other things.
First of all, I want to let you know that Savannah is kicking quite a bit! I am almost certain that she has changed position, because she is loving to kick/punch my bladder!! Yesterday it was at the point that it was painful, and very uncomfortable!! But all the while I was overjoyed that she is moving even if I almost peed myself a few times!! HA! She likes to move around really early in the morning! Thank you for all your comments on this from my last post!
I wanted to ask for some advice from my readers! This morning while at work I slowly kept feeling more and more nauseous, then a little faint, and dizzy (like everything was starting to spin). I was sure I would either throw up or faint! I put my feet up, but that did nothing. Then I went outside to get some fresh air, that didn't do much either. So I went in the back and laid down on my left side, that helped so much!! When I got up I felt a lot better but still not normal. So I thought maybe I needed to eat something (I had breakfast just about an hour or so before), so it's not like I was even hungry. I thought maybe something sugary would help, sure enough after eating a few bites of yogurt and a small monster cookie I felt a lot better. So my question is, "What caused this?" and "Should I be worried?"
I wanted to ask for some advice from my readers! This morning while at work I slowly kept feeling more and more nauseous, then a little faint, and dizzy (like everything was starting to spin). I was sure I would either throw up or faint! I put my feet up, but that did nothing. Then I went outside to get some fresh air, that didn't do much either. So I went in the back and laid down on my left side, that helped so much!! When I got up I felt a lot better but still not normal. So I thought maybe I needed to eat something (I had breakfast just about an hour or so before), so it's not like I was even hungry. I thought maybe something sugary would help, sure enough after eating a few bites of yogurt and a small monster cookie I felt a lot better. So my question is, "What caused this?" and "Should I be worried?"

Thank you all so much for the tips on where to shop for Maternity clothes!! I had quite a bit of suggestions! Sadly we do not have a Ross around here (that I know of), it sounds like a great store! Some of you mentioned Target and I don't know why I didn't ever check them out! I went on there website and found almost exactly what I was hoping to find! Here are a few things that I will hopefully be purchasing soon!
A few tanks! Mine are all getting way to stretched!!
A pair of dark wash jeans, anything to slim my legs/hips! HA!
Image from Target Maternity
Next are my favorite items! Sweaters! I would love to get all of these!
Image from Target MaternityNext are my favorite items! Sweaters! I would love to get all of these!
In my last weekly update I posted that I am craving French Fries! One reader did ask about that. She thought it was neat how things (cravings, etc) change through out pregnancy. Up till about a month ago I hated any fried foods, then one day I was craving french fries so badly!! That is all I ate for lunch, poor Savannah, what a healthy lunch! NOT! It is so crazy to me how my cravings have changed!

I got quite a few comments on my hair a few posts ago. Yes, my hair is (was) extremely long! I had not done anything to my hair since I found out I was pregnant, and it was long to begin with. A few days ago I finally was able to get my hair done! I did a high lite and a 4 inch trim! Let me tell you I felt like a new person! I loved my really long hair, but it was getting so hard to style. I also really needed a high lite, and I feel so fresh again!

I got quite a few comments on my hair a few posts ago. Yes, my hair is (was) extremely long! I had not done anything to my hair since I found out I was pregnant, and it was long to begin with. A few days ago I finally was able to get my hair done! I did a high lite and a 4 inch trim! Let me tell you I felt like a new person! I loved my really long hair, but it was getting so hard to style. I also really needed a high lite, and I feel so fresh again!











6 comments:
Your hair looks great! Love the Christmas coutdown too :) Have a wonderful weekend!
Lori - have you already been tested for gestational diabetes? You may want to check with your Dr. You are probably fine, but since you ate something sugary it kind of makes me wonder. Better to be safe than sorry! I would also recommend Gap Maternity, Old Navy Maternity, and Forever 21 Maternity. Have a super weekend!
Thank you for your comments! I am pretty sure I was tested for gestational diabetes while going through Infertility, but I do want to check with my DR. next week for sure. I will let you all know what she thinks about these symptoms! Thanks for the clothing suggestions!!
hun, when i read my update yesterday it said it is totally common in the second trimester to get dizzy. it also said laying on your side is the best way to cure it.
if you haven't yet been tested for diabetes you will have to really soon. i'm sure your doctor/nurse has it lined up. i have my test in january, i think it's a mandatory thing they check due to risks for you and baby.
for maternity clothes, i found a few things as gap! i have coupons otherwise i wouldn't be shopping there ;) i want to check target for tanks, i love target tanks!
your hair is so pretty, i love it!! you always have fabulous hair though!
have a great day and a wonderful weekend! :)
Thank you so much Annie! I have a correction to my last comment. I was not tested for gestational diabetes during Infertility, just diabetes. I don't know what I was thinking. :) I am pretty sure they want to do my glucose test Week 28, which I am hoping to pass! That is crazy that it said to lay on your side, because that did help me a lot! I was thinking tonight that my tummy feels so stretched right now, I sometimes feel like I can't breath. I think just the growing of the belly could have caused those symptons. Which makes sense as to what you read. I will be very amazed as to how the belly will grow even more! LOL!
Oh Lori I got that A LOT. My Dr said it could be a number of things. The first two she said were HYDRATION and REST. She said when I felt like that I needed to SIT DOWN (or lay down) and drink some water. Occasionally when that happened I sometimes saw spots too - it freaked me out!!
Could be low blood sugar too - good idea on the cookie =)
And lastly - YES the left side is a miracle position! One time I was having a growth ultrasound (we had them every month because there were two babies!!) and so I was laying pretty much flat and about 20 min in I started to get really nauseated and sweaty and I felt like I could not breathe... it really freaked me out. I panicked and told the tech I was going to pass out, and she said "roll to your left side" and I was like "no, you don't understand, bring me a trash can because I am going to puke and get a dr because after I puke I am gonna pass out" and she just said again "roll to your left side and wait for about 90 seconds" and I didn't believe it would work but I did it and sure enough about a minute and a half later...I felt SO much better! =)
Oh and I loved buying maternity clothes on OldNavy.com! They always had some good deals!!!
Love ya girl!!!!!!
Post a Comment