I have been painting a lot these past few days! I am enjoying every minute of it. I am so glad that the sanding and taping off is done, I really enjoy the painting part. I love to see the difference it is making!
Here are a few picture of the first coat of my paint, I am using a latex semi-gloss paint in Antique White. I had mentioned earlier that I used a green tinted primer. Well, I decided to tint my primer when I was still planning on using a dark paint color. After I had my primer purchased I then changed my paint color to Antique White with some black. So due to the green primer, the first coat of the Antique White turned out looking like a mint green. I was stressed. But I knew that the next coat would make a huge difference.
Here a the pictures of the first coat.



I then waited a day before I applied the second coat of the Antique White paint. It made a HUGE difference! I was very happy with the way the second coat turned out. I think that I will need to give it one more coat, then it should be good to go!
Here are some pictures of the second coat of the Antique White!

Here is a glimpse of the first coat of the wall with the Black paint!

Here is the section that I am going to be painting black with it's first coat of paint!

Remember this is my inspiration!!
I hope you have enjoyed seeing the progress on my kitchen project. I know that I have loved every minute of it! I am working on some of the things on my to-do list for this week and they are turning out wonderfully! I cannot wait to share them with you.
I also have another huge change that will be made to the kitchen! I will let you in on the news very soon!
Today I feel so blessed to have a job with shifts that allow me to be home during the day sometimes, so that I can work on projects like this that I love!!




12 comments:
I happen to LOVE kitchen remodels, so I have been following along for a little while now. And, can I just say, you must have a lot of patience with all that sanding and painting!!! Looks great so far!
Looking great Lori!! I love your kitchen inspiration picture! I cannot wait to see your final result! Hope you are having a great week!
Looks great so far. I can't wait to see the final product.
I love white cabinets and yours are looking great!
this is so exciting!! can't wait to see your finished project:)
I think it looks great.
You're doing such a good job!! It's going to look great!
Wow, it looks great! We just remodeled our kitchen. We were going to do it ourselves, but decided to fork over the dough to have it done so it would go quicker (you do what you gotta do when you have a toddler!) Question: what are you going to do with your countertops?
it looks great so far hun!! you are putting a lot of hard work into the kitchen, it will pay off for sure! :)
i love the inspiration photo you picked out too!
hope you are having a great week sweet girly!!
It's looking great!!
Lookin' good!! Can't wait to see the finished project!
It just keeps getting better! You are one talented girl. Me and the paintbrush are not friends. HA-HA!
Post a Comment