I had mentioned earlier that we were going to be doing something else to the kitchen project. That kind of fell through, due to my lack of knowledge! I though that we had beautiful hardwood underneath our carpet in the kitchen, I had pulled back a little piece of carpet under our fridge to check. So as I was so excited, I called our carpet guy, and he said he could come out to look at it and see if it would be good enough to refinish. Which me and the hubby were so excited about about that possibility. So on Monday night the hubby and I pulled back half of the carpet in the kitchen, only to realize that I am an idiot! It turns out that it was not hardwood, it was just a floorboard that looked kinda like hardwood (in my defense)! Ha! I just sat on the floorboard that I thought was beautiful hardwood and wanted to scream due to my disappointments. The carpet guy came out the next morning, and I told him the story. I felt so dumb, but he was so nice and understanding.
We have decided to wait to replace our kitchen flooring, much to my disappointment. But we will be replacing it sometime this year, which makes me very happy! I would love to do laminate hardwood.
I mean carpet in the kitchen, come on! It is so dirty. I don't think it has ever been cleaned professionally, and it's old and really dirty. So on Monday my kitchen, dinning room, and hallway are getting professionally cleaned! That made my disappointment go away a little bit. I am so excited to see the difference. I will post before and after pictures. I just know it will be a drastic change, because it has some very dirty areas in the kitchen.
I am hoping that we can replace the kitchen flooring and get new countertops sometime in the next year.
Today I feel so blessed to have Monday to look forward to. It helps get my mind off of other things. Like our infertility!




4 comments:
hehe too funny--don't worry we had peel away tiles that were literally PEELING AWAY when we moved in!
Your so funny, That sounds like something I would do =)
We have the laminate wood floors throughout the whole house. Our kitchen is tile but the rest is wood. I love the laminate.
We had carpet in our kitchen when I was growing up. It was terrible. My mom hated it. It was a terrible terrible color. It was a pukey green color with some sort of black design from the 70s on it. Not to mention the kitchen had a GIANT fruit border around the middle. then BRIGHT yellow tile on the bottom half & a nasty rust red on the top half. my mom hated it & we never had the money to fix it up until we moved out! so i know you're frustrations with a carpet in the kitchen. utterly ridiculous. what are people thinking?
Aww that sounds like something that I would do too! Carpet in the kitchen doesn't really make sense, I agree. But yay for getting them professional clean!
Post a Comment