Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

DIY Canvas

I had some fabric leftover from my stool project, so I decided to make 2 canvas' for my office.





Canvas





First of all, I purchased 2 pictures at our local thrift store. I took out the glass, and recycled it.




I then cut my material to size, and realized that my hot glue gun was out of glue stick! So I resorted to duck tape until I can get some more glue sticks!! Yes, it looks pretty bad from the back!!

Not quite as bad though from the front! I would have never know that there is duck tape holding it in place, who knows maybe I will just leave it like it is!!




I wanted to hang these in our office, it has a safari theme. First of all, I needed to put all of my dishes back into my cupboards since they were finally ready!! I got all the dishes put away, and quickly cleaned the office. Here is the before shot...



...and the after!

What do you think? I was happy with them since I only spent $3!


Mail Station







I also have another small project completed, that I hung in our office. I found the piece at our local thrift store (they must love me by now), it was an oak wood color. I was sure I had taken a picture of it, but I cannot find it anywhere! I am so disappointed, because I love to show before and after pictures, it's just easier to visualize the whole process.






I then, painted the inserts with chalkboard paint (just like I did for the mirror), and I painted everything else with black paint. Here is the finished project! I am using it as a mail station, I have no idea if that's what it's meant for or not, but it works for me, especially for under $5!!




Please let me know if you have any questions about any of the projects that I have showed you! I am sure that you could do them yourself!!









Today I feel so blessed that maybe someday this office will be a baby room!!



The DIY Show Off




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! The canvas looks so great! I'm praying that office will be a baby's room very soon too. :)

Jamie said...

I love the mail station! So cute :)

Melody said...

You are so creative! I never would have thought to do something like that (either one) but it works so well and seems so easy! Even I could do it! Thanks for all of the ideas! I should really chalkboard paint something for Bailey!

Maggie said...

LOVE the mail sorter. Either my thrift store sucks, or I'm just not creative enough! :)

Anonymous said...

all your DIY projects have turned out so well. I think we share a love for animal prints.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails