This week the topic is Cleaning Tips.
If you have been reading my blog for a while, you will know that I love to clean. I think the end result drives me to clean a lot!! Here are some rules that I live by!
1. With it being just Kevin and I, it makes it so easy to want your house perfect all the time. With no kids to mess it up, I really get used to it staying clean. But it does get dirty, I usually do a thorough cleaning every two weeks, which includes dusting, sweeping and cleaning the bathroom and kitchen really well. In between my thorough cleanings I will pick up every day. Usually on my work mornings I do not get the whole house picked up. I have noticed the better my house looks before I go to bed, the better my morning goes! It is so refreshing to have a clean/organized home. It makes like so much sweeter!
2. I always wash my sheets in hot water once a week. That is the best night to crawl into bed!
3. I am big on keeping my home organized. Everything in your house has a home. Basically every item in your house should have a designated place, so that when you go through your clean up routine each day it will be very easy. Otherwise, you will not know where to put some items then they will end up staying on "that pile!"I always keep all my counters empty of "odds n ends" that do not belong there! Sometimes on my busy days I do not get my clean up done, but then I will always get to it the next day. Never let it go more than a week without getting your home back into order. I think once it goes on for that long, it is so much harder to get it back into order.
4. I think that if things are picked up and everything has been freshly swept, it really looks so clean. So if you do not have much time, I think those two things make the biggest difference!!!
5. I love cleaner's with bleach, it makes things so much cleaner!
6. I go through and clean out my fridge at least once every 2 weeks, it helps to keep it manageable!
7. When I have one drawer that is bothering me and it needs to be organized, I try to get to it that week. If not they can get out of hand, and it's not as bad to do one at a time than to do them all at once! A little each day makes a world of a difference at the end of a month!!
10 Things I love about cleaning!
1. Freshly washed bathroom rugs laid on a freshly cleaned floor!
2. The smell.
3. How shiny a window looks after its been cleaned.
4. The feeling I get when I walk into that clean room.
5. It is very rewarding.
6. It is a stress reliever for me.
7. Trying new cleaning products.
8. Hearing my hubby say "Wow, the house smells clean."
9. When it gets old, take a break.
10. Getting cleaning tips!
Happy Cleaning!





10 comments:
I always try and pick up things and put them in their places too...it just keeps everything organized!
I love your top 10 things about cleaning :)
If you ever need a cleaning fix and your house is already clean, I know where you can find something to do, okay? I wish I was organized by nature, but I'm trying to change my nature. I agree on everything having a home, but in such a tiny house, that's so hard to do! Hopefully soon, we'll be able to move into a bigger house.
ok, I could have typed this post out word for word!! We definitely think alot alike and I also love to clean...hehe. I love and agree with all of your tips.. thanks for sharing. BTW, I love your blog, cant wait to come back and read more, I am now a new follower!!
Great Cleaning Tips!!! I also married my high school sweetheart! I am your newest follower! Stop by when you can!
Bonnie
http://creatingahouseofgrace.blogspot.com
I could not agree with you more that a clean house is a huge stress reliever!! And their really is nothing better that a clean smelling house..in my case thats the smell of LYSOL!!!
Girl your blog is super cute! I love the hot pink and black and you are Adorable!! I love getting into a bed with clean sheets! Great tips....
Summer :0)
I completely agree! I love a clean house and I am probably a little OCD about it...I wipe down my counters and sink every night before I go to bed so that they are clean in the morning--I also LOVE me some Lysol wipes for just that--so fast and easy. I just got myself a swiffer VAC/sweeper and it is the best thing ever created!! So easy to just clean up some dust/small dirt on the floor.
We are soooo alike - my favorite line to my darling man is "everything in this house has a home" - LOVE THAT!!!
I am with you there is nothing better than crawling into bed with clean sheets! LOVE IT!!!
Your blog is too cute! Thanks for sharing!
Great tips! I like cleaning too!
Cxx
Post a Comment