My head can barely wrap around the thought of my little baby turning one in just a few weeks. I think back of how thankful I was when I found out I was pregnant, finally, after all those years of hoping! Then about 9 months later our sweet little girl is born. Giving birth to Savannah was the most amazing experience. Now almost one year has passed since that day and it sure was one AMAZING year. I feel beyond blessed as I sit her thinking about what I have been given. Savannah is so precious, so innocent, and so beautiful.
Here's a little bit of what Savannah has been up too this past month:
-You have been cutting your two front teeth for weeks now. I can see they are very close to breaking through. Teething has been brutal for you, it totally affects your naps but we are blessed because you still sleep great at night.
-You sleep from 7pm-8am most nights. That is if you do not sleep past 4pm in the afternoon nap.
-You still nap in the mornings for about 1-2 hours.
-Your afternoon nap is very rare these days, which makes for a cranky girl. I hope that will improve soon! But if it doesn't I will not care too much since you sleep so well at night.
-You have been trying lots of new adult foods this month. You love noodles (especially Chinese noodles), pancakes, broccoli, cheerios, Cheetos, honey graham crackers, pizza crust, carrots, bananas and I know there are more things but I cannot think of more right now!
-You figured out how to suck out of a straw, so now every time Momma drinks out of her cup you need to have a sip as well!
-You still love to climb everywhere!!
-You took one step, but that is as far as your walking skills went! You are completely content just crawling everywhere!
-You can go up a whole flight of stairs with no problems. You can go down steps as well, but I don't quite trust you with that yet. You actually turn yourself around to get down from the couch, stairs, etc. Momma was quite impressed with your skills!
-If you are climbing onto something you shouldn't, you get quite mad when Momma gets you down!
-You say "Momma" "Dadda" "Babba" and you made up your own word for "toys." I love to hear all of these new words you come up with!
-As you can see in the picture below, you have this new thing you do when you are "amazed" at something. You will open your mouth so wide and just keep it like that! It totally cracks us up! I think in the picture below you are amazed that you are almost doing a split! You go girl, I always knew you would be a gymnast!
Thank you Lord for blessing us with our beautiful little girl!



2 comments:
She is SO cute! I remember having those same feelings right before our girls turned one. I couldn't believe how fast their first year went! Now, their second year has flown even faster! So bittersweet. Her age is so much fun and it only continues to get more and more fun believe it or not! I'd love for you to follow my blog too =)
Nandtandbandb.blogspot.com
She is such a cutie! Wyatt STILL doesn't call me mama, at least not that I have heard. He says the word, but not to me. I'm still trying to figure out what his word for me is! He's making me wait for it.
Lori, I also wanted to let you know I tagged you in a post on my blog this week! :-)
Post a Comment