I was so anxious for Christmas this year! For so many years I would dream of the day that I would have a child of my own to celebrate this special Holiday with. I had so many expectations as to how special this child would make the Holidays, really how the child would just make every day so much more special. I will say this year I have been blown away as to how much joy our little one has brought to us. She is the light of our lives and gave us so much to be thankful for this Holiday season.
As I was thinking those thoughts so many times throughout the past year, once Christmas came I was so humbled by the thought of Celebrating Jesus' Birthday. I want to teach Savannah at a young age what the REAL meaning of Christmas is, and how blessed we are that Jesus is our Hope and our Saviour!
Savannah really was just a total doll baby throughout the Holidays. She did miss a few naps that kind of messed up her routine, but she was a trooper. We celebrated Christmas Eve with my family. We usually go out to an early Dinner and then go back to my parents house to celebrate. Before Savannah we would stay the night at there house, but we chose not to this year. We will probably start that again once Savannah is a little older.
By Christmas this year Savannah was just over 10 months old. She has her two bottom teeth and has been teething horribly. She also says Mama all the time, and Dada sometimes.
It was so much better to give than to receive, especially to our sweet little girl!! I must say the cutest gift we purchased for her are the adorable fur boots she is wearing! They are so stinkin' cute!! Those boots with leggings are one reason I can handle the cold weather!!
A little over a week before Christmas my hubby had his 2nd knee surgery since November. He had his patellae tendon repaired on both knees. Well the last surgery went well, but he developed a blood clot in his calf, so he was admitted into the Hospital on Monday before Christmas. I was so thankful that he was ok, but at the same time I started freaking out because before I knew it he was still in the Hospital the day before Christmas Eve!!! Thankfully he was released on Christmas Eve.
It was sad not having him home at all the week of Christmas, but it all worked out and I was so happy he made it home for Christmas. He was having pain, so that made him not be able to enjoy all the festivities quite as much. I am actually thankful that it was Savannah's 1st Christmas that this happened, because she really didn't have a clue as to what was going on...
...although she was having the time of her life climbing onto all the boxes that come along with the Holidays!! See below...
...yes she managed to get that box over there all by herself! We have realized her favorite things to do are pushing boxes and climbing on boxes!
She did so well with opening her gifts on Christmas Eve, here is her 1st present that Daddy helped her open. It was too cute because everyone was helping Savannah open her 1st present. All her little cousins were sitting all around her with the biggest smiles, it was so precious and heartwarming to see the love they have for her!!
Doing her favorite thing ever....
...climbing!!
She also got the baby Einsteins activity center that she just LOVES!!
Thank you Lord for blessing us with a wonderful 1st Christmas with our Little Blessing!!!



2 comments:
She's just too cute! So glad he had a great first Christmas :)
She is so cute! And I went through practically the same thing as your husband with the surgery and blood clot - no fun!
Post a Comment