Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Our Little Blessing at 37 Weeks!

Wednesday February 16, 2011
Our Little Blessing at 37 Weeks and 2Days!

How far along? 37 Weeks--Full Term!!!

Baby's size and stats? Our baby is now considered "full term," even though my due date is three weeks away. If I would go into labor now, her lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. Info taken from pregnancy.com

Gain? At my appointment yesterday I lost one pound! So now I am up 27 pounds this pregnancy! My Doctor did tell me that most of the time when you gain weight towards the end it could be water weight.

Maternity clothes? OH YEAH. I am in all maternity, and some of my smaller maternity shirts are starting to ride up! I cannot believe how big my belly is getting! I recently purchased some nursing bras, and nursing gowns from Wal Mart. I was really happy with how comfy they are!

Sleep? Sleep has been rough. I need to pee quite often, and when I am not getting up to pee I am trying to get comfy, my legs have started to get numb again.

Foods I am loving? This week I was hungry for Wendy's...weird!!

Foods I am hating? Can't think of anything really except the grilled chicken.

Best moment this week? Finding out at my Doctor appointment that I am 1 cm dilated, and 50% effaced!!!!!!! My Doctor also said that she is measuring at about 36 weeks, she's been measuring about a week or two behind through the whole pregnancy, they said she will probably not be too big. She was able to tell me that information based on my measurements, not through ultrasound, so she could be off by a little. Also getting my changing center delivered, and getting the Nursery almost finished up!

Movement? Her movements have been so much more distinct. Like, I can feel her foot a lot, and also I can feel when she tries to stretch (at least that's what I think she's doing).

Symptoms/Emotions?
1. VERY EXCITED now that I have made some progress!!!
2. Cramping, and also some contractions that are getting kinda strong sometimes!
3. The To Do list in my head keeps repeating itself to me over and over again! I must say that the list is quite small these days!!! YAY!!
4. Upper back pain, under/around my shoulder blade. I am not sure if this is associated with my pregnancy or not, but it is awful. I am seeing my chiropractor again very soon!
4. My lower back pain has not been as constant this week, I can really feel it when I have my cramping.
5. I have just noticed since I hit 37 weeks that I have been having a lot more discharge!!!
6. MAJOR NESTING! I have been cleaning/organizing every spare minute since Sunday! I am so happy that I finally got some motivation back! It seemed most of my pregnancy I had no desire/motivation to do anything! So now I am just lovin it!!

Gender? A GIRL...Our Sweet Savannah

What I'm looking forward to? Hopefully completing the Nursery by the end of this week, so I can finally share it with you!! The changing center exceeded ALL of my expectations! I am just waiting on a few items to arrive, then I think it will be complete!!! I find myself just wanting to be in the Nursery all the time!!

Milestones: Being full term, and making progress since my last weeks Doctor appointment!


Weekly Pics & Belly Shots!!!


Today I feel so blessed to be so close to meeting our precious little Blessing!!

10 comments:

Melody said...

So glad to hear that you are still pregnant and So excited to meet little Savannah! Everyone I know lost weight the week they gave birth. It's a common thing for women to lose 1-3 pounds within the week the baby is born! SO EXCITED! It could be any day :)

Unknown said...

I'm 50% and 1 cm too! And 37 weeks Saturday! Wonder how close we'll have our girls!! Congrats progress is so exciting!!

Anonymous said...

You look great! Yay for progress!!! So close! :)

Anonymous said...

just came across your blog and i love it! seriously it's so FAB! you look so great for being pregnant :) congrats girl!

Jamie said...

You are just too cute!

Can't wait to see her nursery!

Brittany said...

So exciting!! You're almost there!:)

Shawna said...

Any time now.....so exciting! Saw this tonight on a blog I follow and I'd share.

http://www.google.com/reader/view/feed/http://feeds.feedburner.com/blogspot/ovtD?source=ignitionfork#stream/user%2F00411130869595808674%2Fstate%2Fcom.google%2Freading-list

Nick and Kristi said...

Ok Lori its official...We are twins:) I did the same thing with weight at this point...Over these last couple of weeks I lost a couple more lb and now today on D-day I am up a total of 25lb where a couple of weeks ago it was 27....I was dilate/effaced just like you...and of course I have had that scapula/shoulder blade pain for a while...Mine I discovered is when the baby is under my ribs so if I would put a little pressure with the palms of my hands on my ribs or right below it would give me comfort...and I used a heating pad to...

Well girl how exciting and I cant wait to see nursery pics!!!

Alexis said...

About the Wendy's thing...remember the pregnancy test you took at Wendy's a while back? Things sure have changed since then, huh? :)

Looking great, girl!!

Lianna Knight said...

I haven't commented in FOREVER! And I was so shocked when I saw how big you are now...big in a GOOD AND FANTASTIC way :)

Just adorable!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails