Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, September 27, 2010

Our Little Blessing at 17 Weeks!!

Monday, September 27
Our Little Blessing at 17 weeks!

How far along? 17 Weeks

Baby's size? Our baby weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip), and she/he weighs around 5 inches long from head to bottom. She/he can move her/his joints, and her/his sweat glands are starting to develop.

Gain? Not sure on this. Will check next week.

Maternity clothes? Still the same. Just maternity bottoms.

Stretch marks? None

Sleep? Sleep is great. I have been able to go without naps on most days, and I have been waking up at the same time each morning and that is so not me. I also always wake up on my back, does anyone know if its ok to sleep on your back during pregnancy?

Foods I am loving? Decaf Tea!!! Mashed potatoes and gravy!

Foods I am hating? Still mostly the same, I hate the foods I craved while I was sick. Like Chicken noodle soup, ravioli and fried foods.

Best moment this week? Feeling that my tummy is growing a lot!

Movement? I have not felt any movement since last week, and I have been so anxious to feel the baby again!!!

Symptoms? After I ate last night I had this weird feeling just below my ribs, it felt like air bubbles. It might have been indigestion.

Gender? I am counting down the days till we find out!! This last week I felt like it is gonna be a boy, but then I go back to thinking it is a girl. So I have no clue as to what our baby's gender is. Has anyone ever been told the wrong gender?

What I'm looking forward to? More movement!!!!!

Milestones: 17 weeks pregnant!! I also have been starting to plan out the nursery, and I think I found our crib and changing table!! I will be able to get a good start on the nursery once we find out the gender. I have been loving to see all of the nursery's coming together throughout blogland!!

Emotions: I cry at the oddest things. Yesterday at church, the preacher was talking about giving of your time to the Lord. He used this example of an elderly man. This man had been sweeping for years, and at 80 years old he, with a heavy heart, told the pastor that he cannot sweep anymore. I was automatically brought to tears. It just touched my heart so much. There have been other little things like this example that have made me so emotional. This story would have normally touched my heart, but it brought me to tears! So that is something different that I noticed about my emotions.






I just had to post this picture below! It's almost like I am realizing for the first time that I am pregnant!! Love It!!

10 comments:

Deanna said...

Looking good! Just a few more weeks and you'll know the gender!

Maggie said...

So exciting!
You should check with your doctor - but I know that at some point you're supposed to stop sleeping on your back. There is a major artery that is compressed by the baby and it can limit blood flow for you and the baby.
I want to say I remember it being at 5 months - but I'm not sure!

Alphabet Soup Momma said...

I am anxious like you to find out what we are having. I am ready to plan the nursey. I sleep on my back too, and my dr said it is okay to sleep on your back until the 3rd trimester. I know everyone is different, so I would just ask your dr at your next appointment :)

Jamie said...

You look great girl! Now I'm craving some mashed potaotes and gravy :) Hope you're having a great day!

Nick and Kristi said...

Your bump is def growing...Rock that Bump girlie:) I think at this point you will be safe with finding out the gender...exs if its a boy no mistaking that....Hope the baby cooperates...I did have one lady who's baby was crossed legs the whole time and now she has to wait two more weeks...Major Bummer!!!

Unknown said...

You look so good!

Ashley Tremaine said...

Still praying for your sweet family!! So happy to see that belly bump!! You asked about being told the wrong gender....no, it didn't happen to me, however...I had had 2 boys and never thought I would have a girl....but my third was a girl and you could have knocked me over with a feather!! After the u/s I was in shock for days, and honestly never let myself believe it until she came out!! Ha!! It took my hubby looking into my eyes and saying she's out and she's a girl!! I really am so excited for your precious family!!

Callie said...

Cute belly pictures! You know I'm pregnant too, right? 17 Weeks 5 Days, so it's always fun for me to read your posts, because we're right there in the same week! You're not supposed to lay on your back too long when you're pregnant, because the weight of your uterus can cut off blood circulation to your legs. They say you should sleep on your left side because that allows for the best blood flow. I keep waking up on my back too though, and I am planning on asking my doctor today about the left-side thing, because I tend to toss and turn a lot in the night - I can't just sleep on my left side!

Anonymous said...

You look great! I always wake up in the mornings on my back even though I always start on my left side. I think as long as you try to lay on your side that's the best that you can do.

Meant to be a mom said...

You really have started to show. I can't believe your already 17 weeks. CRAZY!
How fun that your planning your nursery. Its such a great time in life, I'm glad your enjoying it :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails