Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Our Little Blessing

We saw 2 of these negative test results last week...

AND 2 OF THESE POSITIVE PREGNANCY TESTS!

We feel so blessed! Our little Blessing will arrive on March 7, 2011.

We have had a very exciting few days! I will let you know how it all happened!

Last week was the week that we could test to see if the 200MG of Clomid worked for us. So we tested twice and they were both negative. So I called my Dr. on Friday and they said that I should call them back on Tuesday of this week then we will start another month of Clomid. They also wanted me to take another pregnancy test before I called again, the nurse said that sometimes your body can play tricks on you.

So we went ahead with our wonderful July 4th weekend, we spent most of the weekend at hubby's aunt's house. We had way too much fun!! I noticed that my stomach felt empty a lot, but I would always just drink some milk or water and it would feel better.

We got home on Monday, then I had to work in the evening. So hubby picked up a pregnancy test, because I knew we still had to take one before I call the Dr. on Tuesday. It was late before hubby got home, so I just waited to take the test till the morning. I woke up pretty early and thought I would take the test. I never look at them anymore, hubby always checks the tests. So I laid it down, and he checked it in a few minutes. I laid back down. He was really quite, and looked at the test for a long time, then finally said "Lori, I think your are pregnant!" I could here in his voice that he was totally serious, plus he would know not to joke about that!! I will never be able to explain that feeling that I had at that moment. It felt like a dream. A fairytale. I looked at the test, and sure enough, for the first time in my life I saw a positive! I AM PREGNANT! After almost 4 years of infertility we have finally beat it!



We spent the whole day telling our family's! It was so soon, but we could not keep the excitement to ourselves! I went in for blood work to confirm the pregnancy, and I got the most wonderful call yesterday. My nurse told me "Yes Lori, you are Pregnant!" They confirmed it with a Beta of 629! I would love to hear what your Beta's were! We are over the moon with joy!
We had our OB consultation this morning and they confirmed my due date at March 7, 2011, and she reminded me of the high chance of multiples with clomid. She said I am 5 weeks and 3 days along!

We scheduled our first real appointment on July 20, we will have an ultrasound done, then we will find out how many little blessings are in there. As for side affects, they have been getting worse as the days go by. My stomach continues to feel empty/nauseous, and I am tired to the point that I could slur my words! I am exhausted, and at the same time overflowing with thankfulness, and joy.

Hubby's brother is getting ready to catch our little Blessing!! HA!! This picture just cracks me up!


I know that many of you are still on the infertility journey, and my heart breaks for you more than you will ever know. One thing I do know, is that whenever I heard of someone who got pregnant after going through infertility it always gave me hope, but yet at the same time a small part of me felt like it just might never happen to me. So take it from me, never underestimate the power of Prayer!!


Today I feel blessed that we have a little blessing growing inside of me right now!! Praise the Lord!




46 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh my goodness girl...I am SO happy for y'all! I know you are just so excited!

Jaclyn said...

I was wondering!!! YAY!!! Congrats!!! I'm sooooooooo excited for you!

Leza said...

Lori. I don't know you in person. But, I'm over the moon happy for you. I was praying that you would get a positive soon. My husband and I have been struggling with infertility for years and after many rounds of Met, Prometrium, and now clomid...still nothing. So, I love to read stories where others experience similar struggles and are able to experience their miracle. I am so happy for you and overjoyed. You are in my prayers and I cannot wait it see your growing tummy. :) P.S. Your beta is perfect!

Praying for you!
Leza in CO

Sarah @ Preaching In Pumps said...

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!! I am so happy for you two - congratulations!

Amy and Kyle said...

Oh my goodness! How wonderful!!! Congratulations! What a sweet blessing!! I look forward to following along with you as you prepare to meet your little one(s)! I'll be praying that you have a smooth pregnancy! God Bless :)

Deanna said...

Oh, Lori! I'm so happy. This might sound weird since I don't know you, but I was praying for you the other day. I'm so glad God is blessing you and your husband with this child!

Alexis said...

Oh, Lori! I can't even find words right now! I am so beyond thrilled for you! What an amazingly wonderful blessing!

God is able!
He is faithful!!
He is worthy!!!

Remember how we talked about being pregnant together? Oh, I'm so HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!

I'm praying even now that the Lord will grant you a beautifully smooth pregnancy and that your arms and home will soon be as full as your heart is now!! Or maybe that's a little much, huh? :)

Oh, I have to find Jared so I can tell him. We have both been praying for you!!!

Julianne Hendrickson said...

Oh Lori, I have tears rolling down my cheeks!! I am SOOOO happy for you! You are going to be a WONDERFUL momma. I can't wait to hear more and meet the little one in March!!!!

The Dimino's said...

Congratulations!!! I am sooooooooo extremely happy for you!! I just found out yesterday that I am pregnant after over a year of trying for #2!! God is great!!

bride4life said...

This post made me cry. Congrats, so happy for you! Maybe it will be my turn next?

Melody said...

OMG OMG OMG OMG! I am SO SO SO SO happy! I have been praying for this for you. Thank you GOD! This is AWESOME! Congratulations! SO happy! :)

Alphabet Soup Momma said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful blessing. God is good!

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness!!!! Congratulations!!!! You SOOOO deserve this :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


OMG!!!!!!! I am so HaPpY for you. I have prayed so many times for you after reading your posts. My cousin was pregnant with twins and she was 5months before she knew she was having 2. =} maybe a little boy and a little girl for you 8~) either way it is a BLESSING FROM GOD and I am beyond excited for you. We should have a online baby shower for you. I will work on that when it gets closer to March

My Granny Mae who raised me and recently passed away her birthday was March 6th. Maybe the little bundle of joy will come on that day.

Lots of Love coming your way. I have to go tell Scotty

The Pifer's said...

OMG!!!!! I am SO happy for you!!!! CONGRATS!!! You deserve this SO very much! I have been praying for y'all and praying for y'all and I am so thankful that I am able to get on and read this amazing news! LOVE YOU LOTS AND PRAYING FOR A HAPPY AND HEALTHY PREGNANCY! Keep me updated on everything, I can't always get online so you might have to email me! :))

Whitney J. said...

Congrats!!! I found your blog through Ashley's blog, For the love of shoes... and a Baby, too.

My husband and I are also expecting (our first) and have about 9 weeks left before our little one arrives! We feel so blessed that I was able to get pregnant despite the PCOS!
God is definitely in control!

nichole said...

Lori, I am sitting here in tears!! I am SO, SO happy for you!! Congratulations to you & many blessings! Your post has given me such hope, as I just finished Clomid last week, saw a big follicle at the Dr's today & received my first HCG shot...now we wait! Hoping for a positive in a few weeks too! :) God Bless you & your hubby & praise the Lord for your little growing bean!

Elaina Weaver said...

Praise God!!!! This post brought immediate tears to my eyes. I definitely got very excited when I saw the title. I am so incredibly happy for you guys! Can't wait to hear how many blessings God is going to give you.

Meant to be a mom said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! LORI!!! I'm so excited for you two. What an answer to your prayers. Its amazing what prayer and positivity can do. I can't wait to watch you grow. What a special time in your life. Congratulations. I'll most definitely be praying for your little lovies good health and safety. :) yay!!

Laura said...

Congratulations! I look forward to following your story of your Little Blessing! God Bless!

Nick and Kristi said...

Oh me or my.....can you say twins or triplets....Get ready girlie for that US on the 20th I def think there is more than one lurking in your belly!!!! Congrats..YES YES YES!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you! I can't imagine the joy you are feeling right now. It is so awesome to see God answer prayers. Reading your post reminded me of when I found out I was pregnant with the sweet little girl I am expected to deliver in 3 weeks. I too struggled with infertility for 2 years and took the test set it down and then went back to read it fully expecting a negative result. Boy was I shocked to see a positive! You will continue to be in my prayers that everything will go so smoothly with this pregnancy. Congrats again and keep us updated!!

Patience said...

Congrats!! I am so excited and happy for you both. What great news :)

Elaine said...

That's fantastic news! Congratulations!

Stephanie said...

Congrats!!!! That is SUCH exciting news! I'm so happy for you! I know its been a long journey! Can't wait to hear about the u/s and if you will have multiple blessings!!

The Brownd Family said...

CONGRATULATIONS LORI!!! I am overly thrilled for you guys!! I pray that your pregnancy goes perfectly! What a wonderful blessing! Also, I had HORRIBLE morning sickness with both of my girls, and all three of my pregnancy's! I know it's not "recommended"; however, I found if I would drink half of a coke, it would help calm my tummy! Good Luck girl, Keep us posted!! :)

Caitrin said...

I am sooo happy for you! Congratulations! I can only imagine the excitement both you and your hubby are experiencing right now!

I am starting another round of clomid and this time with injectionable next week so hopefully I will have some great news soon as well!

B said...

Ahhh I got the biggest smile on my face reading this :) I'm ecstatic for you two! What a blessing! can't wait to hear allllll about it.

A said...

wow, congratulations!!!!

Kayli said...

!!!!!!!!!!!! oh my goodness i'm so excited for you! i could barely believe the snippet I saw on my own blog of this post. when i read it i got so excited for you guys that i got goosebumps! praise the Lord! i admire your perseverance & courage & ability to not be discouraged. i am so looking forward to all the upcoming posts about the next wonderful 9 months! enjoy it!

Ape said...

WHOO HOO!!!! I am so excited I have chill bumps!! This is soooo exciting, I am so so so so so happy for yall!! I can't wait to read your updates and see your belly grow!!

Lianna Knight said...

This is the BEST news ever!!

Congratulations :)

Erick and Kristen Cedeno, and Abbi too! said...

How exciting!!! Congratulations!!

The Gould's said...

I have been reading your blog for a while and I am SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!! July 20th is a magical date - we are being induced that day and will get to see our precious baby boy as you find out how many miracles you are having. Yay!
www.treyandmelanie.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Lori, I am SOOOOO excited for you!! My heart is so happy right now! :) And with a beta like that I think it could definitely be multiples!! Congratulations!!!

Shawna said...

Congratulations Lori! (and Kevin)

We, in MO, are very excited for you as you have wanted this for a very long time!

Brittany said...

I am so THRILLED for you!! I knew it was your time! Congratulations!!!!

A Love Worth Waiting For.... said...

I am beyond thrilled for you and your husband!!!! CONGRATULATIONS Momma to be!!!! :)

Jessica said...

I'm so happy for y'all!!! Please keep us updated on everything! Congratulations again! God bless you!!

Lisa said...

Congratuations! That is so exciting! I pray you have a healthy pregnancy. I can't wait to read about your journey. :)

Cindy said...

This post made me cry! Congratulations to you and your husband!

That picture is awesome. I love it.

Michelle said...

LORI!! OH MY GOSH! I am training right now, bawling my eyes out. I am so ecstatic for you!!!! CONGRATS!!!! I can't even imagine all the joy you are experiencing!! I hope one day I will. I cannot wait to watch the next 9 months unfold for you. Congrats!!!!!!!
xoxoxoxo
~Michelle

Jeremi said...

catching up on blogs this morning and this news just made my day!! CONGRATS!! so happy for you, enjoy each moment of this part of your journey .....

Callie said...

Oh my goodness, congratulations! I am so happy for you! That is just wonderful!

Jos said...

How wonderful!!! This post gives me hope. I'm 11dpo and saw another negative this morning (it's our 2 yr anniversary and 1 yr of trying) and I'm trying to not give up hope on this cycle. Thank you for this post & congrats!!

Nink said...

I love seeing women who experience infertility finally receive their blessing. Congratulations!

Bobbi @ www.thejohnsonsjourney.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails