Monday, July 26
Our Little Blessing at 8 weeks!
How far along? 8 Weeks
Baby's size? Webbed fingers and toes are poking out from your baby's hands and feet
Our Little Blessing at 8 weeks!
How far along? 8 Weeks
Baby's size? Webbed fingers and toes are poking out from your baby's hands and feet
Weight Gain? I have lost a pound from my pre pregnancy weight.
Maternity clothes? No more new maternity clothes. I have not started wearing any yet, but I am planning on getting a pair of maternity Capri's for work. My jeans are just a little too snug around the waist.
Stretch marks? None
Sleep? I sleep really good. I wake up occasionally to use the restroom, and I have woken up with nausea once. My days off are usually recover days, so I sleep for like 13 hours! Then I can even take a nap. On days I work, I come straight home and sleep!
Foods I am loving? Ravioli, oatmeal and chicken noodle soup are really the only meals that I do not throw up on. I am so hungry for food, but as soon as I eat a lot I will throw it up. It helps a little if I just eat a very small amount and frequently.
Foods I am hating? Nuts, fried foods, chicken!
Best moment this week? Still feeling pregnant!!
Movement? No movement yet. I cannot wait for the movement to start!
Symptoms? Nausea the whole day and very tired. I would say I am feeling the worst yet. I have started not being able to keep food down, which results in me feeling weak. The hardest part is having to go to work when I feel so bad.
Gender? I have no idea as of right now! We will be finding out though!
What I'm looking forward to? Hopefully feeling better soon.
Weekly Wisdom: Take one day at a time.
Milestones: Being 2 months pregnant!
Emotions:I have not really had any emotions, except for thinking of how bad I feel.
Here is our 8 week belly picture!





14 comments:
Thanks for praying for us. I'm so nervous. Just today I started feeling really crummy like things won't work out. But, I keep praying. I can't wait to see your little bean and find out what you're having!
Yay for 8 weeks!! Sorry you are starting to not feel well. When my nausea got really bad I had to ask for some medication from my OB. And I was told that if you can't keep clear liquids down for a 6 hour time period you are dehydrated. So I started drinking smart water. It tastes just like water but has electrolytes in it like gatorade (I can't stomach flavored drinks.) Saltines before you get out of bed. Protein is suppose to help nausea so like peanut butter toast before you go to bed or like eggs. I can't stand the smell of either for awhile. Preggie pops didn't really help me either but as you know I was a worst case scenario so they may help you. I also heard of chewing on peppermint gum or peppermint candies. Sea bands I've heard helped too. But honestly nothing really worked for me and I had to get some prescriped medication. Hoping these things help you though!
EEEEE! (that's my squealing!) you look so cute and little.
Hey Lori!
I am so sorry you are feeling so yucky! I had horrible nausea and vomiting during all of my pregnancies! Even the smell of shampoo would make me sick in the shower! I was on a medication from my OB and I would drink a little bit of coke every time I was feeling ill and it would calm my tummy down sometimes! I don't know why, it just did! However, that feeling never truely went away until I hit 14 weeks! So hang in there girl! It is all worth it, nausea and all! :)
So exciting for you! More congratulations! No advice on the nausea and vomiting, as I've never been pregnant, but I hope it goes away soon!
I've heard anything with ginger - ginger tea, ginger ale, etc. I've also heard there's something in watermelon that helps. But I don't know.
I felt the worst my 8th week....I hope you start feeling better:) Def stay hydrated maybe try vitamin water...I like the lemonade one...it has electrolytes in it:) You have a cute little bump forming:)
looking great!! love the updates :)
Super cute as always! Hope you get to feeling better soon :)
Ginger tea helps with tummy problems. It's not the best tasting thing (in my opinion) but it does help. Also, I have heard that keeping some crackers and 7up right by your bed and then eating a couple BEFORE you even sit up in the morning will help. Also, try eating little snacks frequently, like a cheese stick or something with protein. And the BIG one...prenatal vitamins ALWAYS make me barf...even if I'm not pregnant. You can get liqued "all natural" prenatals at the health food store. I HIGHLY advise that. It's a bit more expensive, but totally worth it. I take it now (even though no baby) but I seriously barf whenever I take the simulated non-natural horse pills. Yuck. Just thinking about them makes me gag! haha! The brand I buy is "Nature's Plus" - Source of Life Prenatal Liquid"...it's a whole food vitamin...and actually has a pretty good tropical juice flavor.
try switching your prenatal's or taking them at night. The prescribed ones always made me sick but the over the counter ones didn't. I was sick for 16 weeks with this pregnancy and I had to get some medication from my doctor. The generic was called Ondansetron. It worked really well and helped me hold down food.
They say if you are sick then that is the best sign that everything is growing right and going like it should with your pregnancy. Maybe that will be a nice thought whn your sick all day.
Try some ginger drink, i don't feel so sick but i find it helps when i'm feeling queasy! Happy 8 weeks
:-( I hope you feel better soon!!
YAAA for 8 weeks. =)
As for the caffeine.... its fine... your 1/2 a cup or 1 cup a day will do no harm . I have had several doctors all thru my 6 pregnancies and they all agree.I have 1 cup in the a.m and soda in the p.m (because oddly enough thats what I am craving??)
All my kids are healthy as can be. don't fret.
Post a Comment