I had a quick question for you ladies! My Doctor said it is OK to drink 3 servings of caffeine a day. I was really happy to hear that, because I have been missing my half cup of coffee on the mornings that I work. I do trust my Doctor, and when I drink caffeine, I don't even drink a full cup. So what do you think about this? Did you drink any caffeine during pregnancy? I would love to hear what you think!!
Have a lovely Friday my blogging friends!!
By the way, I have been taking a natural supplement for stomach and digestion when I eat a meal, and it is helping a little with my nausea!! I was thrilled. Let's hope it keeps working!!




17 comments:
I gave up caffeine completely before our FET and for the first few weeks of pregnancy, but I ended up getting horrible migraines during the 1st trimester so I started drinking it again. Some days I have 3-4 glasses of soda or coffee, some days none. I do try to limit it as much as possible, especially during the hot weather as dehydration is a big concern. I doubt a half cup a day will be a problem at all.
I don't drink coffee, but I allowed myself 1 can of soda a day. Sometimes I would also drink a glass of caffeinated tea, but I just felt guilty taking in more than that. I'm confident my limited caffeine intake did not harm my 20-month old daughter. Relax about drinking a half cup of coffee :)
My friend said she had one cup a day, except saturday and sunday.
My RE had me on a strict no caffeine allowed diet from the start of my IVF cycle until the beta. So I had to cut it out completely and got use to not having it. By the time I saw my OB at 9 weeks he said a cup a day of coffee or tea was fine. But at that point I was so use to not having it that I still will only drink decaf. And then I get a little caffeine from chocolate. Honestly for me personally I wanted to be more cautious than I had to be. So I would say just do what feels comfortable to you. But maybe drink as little as possible before week 12? If your OB says half a cup a day is fine, than I wouldn't worry about it.
I gave up caffeine completely for the first trimester. It was hard, but I managed...now I limit it. (And it's usually just to make my baby move if I haven't felt him in a few hours!)
I gave up caffeine a while ago, because I heard it could have a negative effect on fertility. Caffeine does cross the placenta. I know there have been studies that more than 300 mg of caffeine a day can increase the chance of having a miscarriage. I think a cup of coffee can have about 100-150 mg of caffeine, depending on how strong your coffee is - maybe switch to decaf? It was killing me not to have coffee for a while, but after a couple weeks you don't even miss it anymore. I know you're for sure not supposed to have over 300 mg of caffeine a day when you're pregnant, but personally, I would just avoid it completely during the first trimester. That's just me, and I tend to be extra careful about that stuff, but I think if you don't drink too much caffeine you're probably fine.
Well Im not a coffee drinker...but I do like my sweets which have caffeine in them...I think everything in moderation....I also will allow myself a real soda once in a while...but like I said Im not a real liquid caffeine kinda gal:)
I chose to completely give up caffeine for my pregnancy - but I've also heard that a little doesn't hurt!
I had caffeine all through my pregnancy but I have heard it isn't wise to drink it if you are nursing your baby. It takes a while to get out of their system and causes sleeping troubles.
I have a friend that would occasionally have Diet coke while she was pregnant...I think it matters mostly when you are nursing.
Hi Lori! I did not give up caffeine completely. I am now 33 weeks and still have some caffeine. My weakness is Dr. Pepper! I still also drink sweet tea-but I switched to decaf and actually enjoy it much better than caffeinated.
Giving it up completely caused too many headaches for me. I am already a migraine sufferer so I've learned to avoid them as much as possible (esp. when the strongest meds I can take is Tylenol).
I think it's just important to remember to put in more water and juices than caffeine. Caffeine limitation is key, but a little won't hurt!
I'm 26 weeks pregnant and my Dr. told me the same thing, but I still worry sometimes. I don't have it often but I do allow myself some once or twice a week or if I have a bad headache! I did have a glass of sweet tea at dinner one night and the baby moved all night long! Sometimes I will just have sips from my hubby's drink!!!
I don't really take coffee or much caffeinated drinks but I gave the little I take up before our last ivf cycle and now that I'm pregnant I'm not even going near. The smell of coffee nauseates me...
It's interesting that I'm only a day ahead of you in my pregnancy..
Belated congrats!
journeybygrace@gmail.com (pls email me in case you'd like to read my blog cos it's private..
It would be nice to keep in touch seeing as we'll be due around the same time by God's grace...
I did have a limited amount of coffee, but I found switching to decaf was ok.
I drank my regular Starbucks in the morning, and that was the only caffeine I'd allow myself during the day.
Oh wait, I lied, I would have a diet coke for dinner as well.
You have a great name, by the way! ;)
And I'm your newest follower.I can't wait to hear about your journey towards parenthood!
http://penelopeblue.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment