Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, June 4, 2010

Ovulation Predictor Test!?

I got asked about if I use or would recommend Ovulation Predictor Tests. For the 3 1/2 years that we have been TTC, I have used a Ovulation test twice, and they were both negative. I have heard that if your hormones are out of whack, then the Ovulation tests will probably not be accurate.

I did take an Ovulation test this last cycle, right around the exact time I ovulated. It was negative. I had blood work that confirmed I very clearly ovulated.

My advice to you about the Ovulation tests would be to not waste your money on them. Of course, if it is recommended by your Dr. you should probably listen to him!! :) My Dr. did not say anything about the tests to me, and I have never asked him about what he thinks of them. I do want to bring that up next time we see him.

For me seeing a negative pregnancy test is enough, so it's not worth it to me to see a negative Ovulation test too!!

I would love to hear your opinions on Ovulation test!

7 comments:

Laura said...

I recently starting following your story, and I agree with you on the Ovulation Predictor Kits. I hated them! I bought an economy 30-pack online (of the little strips) and had thirty straight days of nothing. The only "good" that they did was clearly demonstrated to my doctor (hadn't seen the RE yet) that I obviously wasn't ovulating. Two years of ups and downs later, we're now in a very different place (feel free to check out my blog for more on our story). Praying for you!

A said...

I used the clearblue fertility monitor (about $100 plus cost of strips) before we entered into the world of injectables (u/s monitoring req'd). I really liked the monitor and always got a good peak reading on it (indicates ovulation). I've never used the plain strips, though. The monitor analyzes the strip you pee on, so there is no wondering whether it is + or - for ovulation!

Meant to be a mom said...

I don't have a lot of personal experience with ovulation predictors or tests. My doctor told me not to use them. He just had me come in his office often so they knew what what going on.

I did however just start buying them and trying them. I have yet to see a positive on the ovulation. However I haven't had my period in over 2 months now. So I didn't actually ovulate. I'm not sure if they work for some people but I'm definitely interested to know.

Michelle said...

I have used the strips and the fertility monitor. I didn't like the strips, but the monitor was great. It showed every month were you were on the ovulation spectrum (low or high). The only bummer, the monitor was over $100 (I borrowed from a friend though) and the strips were pretty expensive too ($50). In my case, it didn't really help since our issue was low sperm count...That's my opinion! :)

I love the new look of your blog. I've been on hiatus again!! I'm glad to be back!
xoxoxo
~Michelle

Jennifer said...

I also agree, never got a positive on them, yet I know I ovulate every month.

Lianna Knight said...

Lori,

You have been on my heart so much lately. I am praying that the Lord will lift you up, give you peace as you travel this journey to parenthood, and bless your womb with a precious baby.

Hugs!!

Natalie said...

totally agree!! I used them only once and all it did was confuse me more. i got a 'surge' in the mornings but not the afternoons for about a week but didn't ovulate until 2 weeks later. waste of money!! Glad to hear i'm not the only one who had trouble with them : )

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails