Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Fresh Strawberries

I don't know about you, but there is nothing better than fresh strawberries!
So today I canned 11 quarts of Strawberries. I was surprised how easy it actually was, after getting directions from my mom. It was so easy that I want to share the process with all of you. This is basically all you need:
First I took off all the stems (which is what took the longest), then I washed all the strawberries


Then I chopped all the strawberries up in my Tupperware Chopper. It was so super easy with that thing.

The last step was to fill my jars! Now they are in my freezer!!


So anyone who loves fresh Strawberries this is the way to go. When you get them out of the freezer in the middle of winter they taste so fresh! Plus they go great over ice cream with a brownie or cake!! YUM!!



6 comments:

Jamie said...

I'm impressed! I just had some strawberries today :)

Alphabet Soup Momma said...

What a great idea! I totally need to do this.

Brittany said...

LOVE strawberries! I should definitely try this...or let hubs to it!

Anonymous said...

Yum!! What a great idea!

A said...

So did you actually cook them in the jars like how my mom can's, or do you just freeze the jars after you put the strawberries in?

Is it like jam when you thaw them?

Annie said...

how yummy!!! and fresh strawberries in the winter, that would be the best! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails