I wanted to share the transformation of our home with you. When we moved in there was floral wallpaper everywhere, and old carpet. We did a lot to the main level of our home before we moved in, and also after we had moved in.
I want to show you our Bedroom transformation today.
This was before we did anything to the bedroom. It was a boy's room prior to us living here. Dalmatian wallpaper, white walls, old carpet...
First we took off the Dalmatian border, I will never forget that. My wonderful hubby had started to peel off the border, and it was stuck like glue. We thought we will never get that off. It was so bad that I told him we could just paint over it, as much as I did not want to just paint over it, I knew that it was going to take a long time to remove it. So I think I left for work then, and when I came home my sweet hubby had taken every little strip of that border off. I was so happy I could of cried. I thought that was so sweet of him to do that.
Here are the after shots...
Since I took this top picture, I have gotten new blinds. They are a white faux wood blind. I have been slowly upgrading every window to these, and I love them!! The two pictures below are of the new blinds, but they are sort of dark.
Don't the new blinds look so much better!!! The picture below still has the old blinds.
Then we painted the walls a deep blue, and the trim around the windows white. I was really happy with the way it all turned out. I was hesitant at first, because I was afraid that the blue will turn out ugly. But I love it, and I have not gotten tired of it yet...after 3 years.


I've had this bed set since I was in high school, my hubby got me a Spring quilt that goes with the design and color. So I usually replace this thick quilt when it starts to get warmer.
I hope that you have enjoyed seeing the transformation of our bedroom! Soon I will show you the transformation of another room in our home!
Have you done any upgrades to your home?
Today I feel SO blessed to have such a sweet, wonderful hubby. After almost 5 years of marriage, and 4 years of dating he is still so sweet and caring. He will go out of his way to make me happy, and for that I could never express my thanks enough. I have enough in this life with just him in it!! I need to remember that daily!!




8 comments:
It's very cute. And...too funny that you all have "spring quilts." We have a duvet we leave on all year and during the summer (starting in March) we leave it off and sleep just with the sheet and lightweight blanket. Such a difference climate can make!
That is definitely a move in the right direction. Dalmatians? Really? Well, you did it up right!
We've done so much work to our house. We've lived here our entire married life and we've done so much to it. We painted everything when we moved in. All of the walls were white, and I am not a white paint person. Our master bathroom is gold. Our bedroom is burgundy. Our kitchen and living room are a nutmeg sort of creamy color. The computer room is still white. Bleh. The little bathroom is blue and yellow rubber duckies. And Matty's room is blue.
See? Don't like white.
When I mopped our floor for the first time after we were married, all of the tile in the kitchen started moving. Then, after it dried, it crumbled. It was terrible. We lived with it for about three years and then we were able to save enough to get it replaced with laminate hardwood. That was such a blessing!! It has really done wonders for the looks of our kitchen and bathrooms, and there was enough left to do our computer room, too.
Now, if I could just get rid of the blue carpet in the rest of the house...
Anyway, your bedroom looks great!!
Oh my goodness...that Dalmatian wallpaper is awful! Your room looks beautiful now :) I love the wooden blinds!
What a transformation! It looks beautiful now. I love the blue. And what a great Hubby you have. :)
Looks great! The biggest transformation we've done is ripped out some awful carpet in the family room and put down wood floors :) It was alot of work, but it looks so much better!
Love that blue - its like our master bedroom too! When we decided blue, it took about a month with 8 different blue swatches painted on the walls before we finally decided! It looks great! Can't wait to see more.
I love all of the before and afters on your blog....you have done such a great job!!!
You did such a good job, Its so warm and cozy looking :)
Post a Comment