I have been on Provera for 4 days now, and it's a 10 day pill. I have not been feeling like myself ever since I started the Provera. I think I have half of the side affects that it mentioned on the pamphlet. Unusual tiredness, headache, bloating, nausea, painful/frequent urination, and cravings!! Those are all the symptoms that I am having. The biggest one for me has been tiredness and headache. I have just been so miserable. Yesterday I went for my walk, I usually walk about 2 miles 4-5 times a week, well I almost could not move my legs. I ended up doing one mile, and I was so exhausted. Today I didn't even think about going on my walk. I am so tired. It is like a whole body weakness, all over tiredness. Exhaustion.
I just find it so strange that I am having so many side affects this time with the Provera. Last year I was on Provera 3 different times, and I felt better than ever. I remember how happy I was that I was feeling so good. Now, it is totally opposite, I am counting down the days to my last pill like every 5 minutes!! Like right now, I could eat so many cookies. I am craving chocolate chip/peanut butter cookies!! I really think I am making a batch tonight! This is not good, no walking and tons of cookies!! AHHH!!
On Sunday we went to a Cleveland Indians game, I took no pictures, I was so disappointed. First of all, I was freezing cold, and then on the way home I started to feel so nauseous, and I had to pee so bad I felt sick. That is so not me, it just hit me like a ton of bricks!! I wish so bad I had taken a picture of the restroom that we had to stop at, it was horrible, it didn't even have a lock!!!! But I was desperate! Hubby and I had a good laugh after we were outta there!! HA! Sunday is when the side affects started, later that night I got a horrible headache that I have had ever since! I am ready to be done with Provera. I am also not forgetting that this could be the way to our little blessing, so it is worth all of the misery!!
I have been thinking a lot about how IF affects your everyday life. It affects more than just not being able to conceive. I think it makes me so tired. It wears your body down physically, emotionally and mentally. I know the Provera is doing that to me as well, but when I am doing any type of treatment for our IF, I wear myself out. I stress myself out over the waiting, the timing of everything, the what-ifs, the hoping and sometimes with the fear. I have been trying so hard to think positive thoughts and not let this cycle consume me. I am still very much working on living in the moment!!
I really wanted to get feedback from anyone who had ever been on Provera, I would love to hear about how it went and if you had any of these symptoms/side affects!
Today I feel so blessed to have another opportunity to try Clomid, and to hopefully be one step closer to our little blessing.




12 comments:
I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well :( Hopefully you'll feel better soon!
I've never been on provera, but it sounds awful! Haha! Will be praying that you get a break from the side effect soon (hug)
ugh, i am so sorry you feel so miserable! one can only hope that all this pain will be worth it. i hate feeling nauseas! i really think that is the worst feeling in the world. thinking about you!
Maybe it's working its magic this time! And I've never been on it (yet anyway...) but it doesn't sound like fun. However, I'll take it every day for a year if it helps! haha! Speaking of...I hate throwing up, and I've bargained with God that if I can just get pg (and have it stick) I won't care if I barf all day long for 9 months if it gives me a healthy baby! Ok, actually, I would hate that...but...haha!
No fun, no fun. The price we pay, huh? Know what's strange? I just remembered...about three years ago, I was taking some natural fertility vitamins and I was having 15 day cycles. Weirdness.
Okay, back to you now. (Sorry about that.) So, will you have to take this every month or something? Cause that's rough.
And try to stay away from the cookies as much as you can. You're going to be gaining weight very soon when your little one comes along. :)
I am sorry you haven't been feeling well! Boo! :( I haven't been on provera before so I have no advice. But I hope the next few days go by quickly for you. And when you feel really bad just remember it's for a wonderful cause. :)
I have been on provera many times in the past 3 years and every time I was sick also. I had MAJOR mood swings the whole time (I cried alot) and felt nauseous and tired. I remember all to well counting down the days left until I was off of them.
I have been reading your blog for a few months now and I know that God will one day bless you with a sweet baby!
I have PCOS and after 2 1/2 years of trying I finally got pregnant and am expecting my baby girl in 3 months. IF is one of the hardest things to have to go through but it strengthed my faith in God and matured me spiritually so much.
I have been praying for you and will continue. Hang in there with the provera!
I'm sorry you are feeling so bad! I completely agree with you that IF wears you out. Whether you are taking something for it or just trying the old fashioned way. I used to look at BD as a chore and instead of being able to enjoy it I would ALWAYS think "maybe this will be the time that gets me pregnant" Then, afterward, I would just want to lie there with my legs propped up instead of in my husbands arms enjoying the moment (sorry TMI). But I do completely understand. It REALLY does consume your life even as much as you try to not let it! It's IMPOSSIBLE to say "I'm not going to think about it" and really not. I'm praying for you that this will happen SOON!
I did several months of Provera. It didn't always work, either. I gained about 8-10 lbs over those 6-8 months. To be completely honest, though, I really don't remember how I felt on that medication. Since having my daughter 16 months ago, I tend to forget the pain and discomfort in TTC, being pregnant, and giving birth. While I'm still hanging on to those last 8-10 lbs, my daughter was worth it. Remember that on those bad days. And, of course, pray. It's amazing how much prayer will make you feel better. I'll be praying for you, too! Hang in there, your miracle could be just around the corner!
Hello my friend!!! So sorry your feeling yucky but so happy your moving forward towards your baby! So excited for you
Keep us posted
Xoxo
Lori, I just found you today through Tiffany's blog. I've spent my afternoon reading through your story...this one prompted me to respond. I've only taken Provera once and luckily I didn't have any side effects and it worked. I got my period and have successfully got it on my own 2 months in a row. I'm on my 3rd Round of Clomid at 100mg. I'm loving your story - thank you for sharing :)
What made me respond what you saying IF takes it's toll. You are SO right. Whether due to meds or not, the constant stress and worry wears you down. Its so true. I've only been on my journey for a few months now, but I have been so tired and a bit unmotivated by things that are non-baby ;)
I will add you to my prayers. I know HE has a plan for you and you are well on your way to becoming a fabulous mom :)
I hope you start feeling better soon. Provera always makes me feel so bad. I usually don't leave my house or smile when I'm taking Provera. But, it has been a blessing for many women so I pray it does the same for you. Keep praying and stay strong. You WILL get your blessing.
Post a Comment