Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentine's Day Weekend

We had a wonderful Valentine's Day Weekend! We did most of the celebrating on Saturday, I felt spoiled because I was able to spend both Saturday and Sunday with my Hubby!!

I love Valentine's Day so much, it's like that pick-me-up in the dead of winter! For me anyways, I realize that not all of you have tons of snow! I also love Valentine's Day because I love roses!!

My hubby surprised me with a dozen roses that were delivered to me at work! It was on Friday, so I was not expecting anything!

They did wonders for my tore up kitchen!! It was like a touch of love hit our whole house when I displayed those beautiful red roses, and they smell so good!


On Saturday I went with my hubby to his College Basketball game that he had to officiate, it was about a hour away. Of course he had to be there like 2 hours before the game started, so I went to Wal Mart while he prepped for the game.

I got there just in time to see him walk onto the court!

He is the guy in the middle.


After the game I went to the car to wait on him. So as I waited, I got out his Valentine's Day card as well as something sweet! We both love those chocolate cakes, and they are ten times better when they are shaped in a heart!


Of course, I had the radio tuned to the Love channel!! Gotta set the mood, right!


When hubby came out to the car and saw all of these things I had done, he got the biggest smile on his face. That is why I love Valentine's Day. That smile that I got from him put joy in my heart. It made me realize how special a smile is. His smile said to me "I feel special", and that is what I wanted him to feel. We did not buy each other a lot, but really it is the thought that counts, it is the thought that means the most to me.



We then went to eat at Red Lobster!! It was worth every minute of our 45 minute wait!!



I hope that all of you had a wonderful Valentine's Day with that special someone!


Today I feel blessed to have spent a wonderful Valentine's Weekend with my best friend, my Husband. I want to make it a point to make my Husband feel special throughout every day, not just on Valentine's Day.




11 comments:

Julianne Hendrickson said...

Oh girl, I feel you on that last bit--I need to make him feel special every day too--it can be so hard, especially when i am so concerned with making myself happy! Thank goodness we have a God who loves us unconditionally and fully :)

Anonymous said...

glad to hear you had a great valentines day... we have alot of snow here tooo. ={

Your goodies are on there way... You should get them friday, enjoy!

Jamie said...

What a nice weekend :) And I love me some Red Lobster too!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful roses! And on a day you weren't expecting them!:) glad you had a great weekend!

GiGi said...

Awww, what a sweet day!! You deserve it all! Xoxo

Kendra said...

That sounds like a lovely Vday!!

I love your "blessings" at the end, may God bless you as you seek to focus on all He has given you!

Bonnie said...

What a sweet post! I'm glad ya'll had a wonderful Valentines Day! Isn't it wonderful when you know you have a man that TRULY loves you?

<3 Bon

Melody said...

This is so sweet and I have something for you on my blog.

The Brownd Family said...

I am so glad you and your hubbie had a wonderful Valentine's Day! I love roses too!! ...and I totally agree with you on making our Husband's feel special everyday, not just on Valentine's! have a great week Lori!

Annie said...

AW! what a special valentine's day weekend!! you two are so cute :)
your flowers are really pretty!!
glad you had such a yummy din!

Teaching Mommy said...

We ate at Red Lobster too for Valentine's Day! Great minds must think alike!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails