Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Lori's Kitchen Project-My "New" Oven



I am so excited to show you the process to my "new" oven! I completed my oven project on Thursday.



So below is what I had to work with:


I started by cleaning it real good, then I tried to sand the metal as best I could. The final process for me to do before I could start spray painting was to tape off as much as I could. That took me a long time!


Here is how it looked:


So now I was ready to get out my spray paint! I was so excited and very nervous! I thought as soon as I start, there is no turning back. I did my first coat, and I got really, really nervous. I failed to get a glossy finish spray paint, I got a dull spray paint.


This is how it turned out:


It was ugly! I thought I had messed up my oven. I went back to the hardware store and luckily they had the same spray paint in a glossy finish!! I applied a coat of that and it instantly started to look better.
Here is a picture with the first coat of glossy spray paint:




Now are you ready for the final result?!!




Here is my "new" oven:












Here is me, very happy and very relieved that this part of my kitchen project is done! It took me most of the day on Thursday!



Here is the final result, with my burner plates put back in place. Now it's ready for cookin'!



I am in total amazement of how nicely the spray paint worked for this project. Now we don't have to buy a new oven for a long time! I'm just so happy that it matches my kitchen, finally!


Later that night I took my lil' sister to the mall! We shopped for a few hours, then we went to Ruby Tuesday's for Dinner. She just turned 14 on January 29th! I cannot believe my little sister is already so grown up, and by the way, she is the most picky shopper on the planet!

(Of course, she was texting the whole night! HA! Teenager's.)


I feel so blessed that my oven turned out so well, and that I was able to spend a wonderful evening with my sister, the young lady!



13 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome job!

Anonymous said...

I am having another giveaway on my blog...

Alexis said...

That's so great, Lori!! I'm glad it turned out so well! Can't WAIT to see the rest.

Melody said...

THat looks AWESOME! Just like new! GREAT JOB!

Melody said...

Oh, I'm thinking about doing this to my fridge :)

Julianne Hendrickson said...

WOW!! How incredible!! I am super impressed. If our oven WORKED I would definitely try that since it is a neat vintage 1960s oven :) Oh well, yours looks AWESOME!

Michelle said...

Your oven/stove look great!! You are so brave, I would have been a nervous wreck:)

Teaching Mommy said...

It looks so great! So much better than that awful green!

Jamie said...

Your "new" stove looks great!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! It looks so great! Great job!

Annie said...

the new oven look is perfect!! how awesome that you don't have to buy a new one but get the new look for so cheap!! yay!
i went shopping with my little sis this weekend, she is also a VERY picker shopper as well ;)
we still had fun though! ruby's is one of our favorite places to eat together too.

Jennifer said...

that oven is so awesome!!!

The Brownd Family said...

Hey Lori! I often stumble upon your blog from Alexis's "Where he leads me..." blog! I am WAY impressed with your "new" oven! My husband and I just bought a new "older" home and it still has a a yucky burnt orange/rust color cooktop and vent hood! We cannot afford to replace it right now, so I am intrigued with your spray painting technique! What kind did you use, and do you still like it!? Hope you have a great week and GOOD JOB!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails