Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, February 19, 2010

Praying our way through Infertility

I am participating in Kelly's show us your life. This week it is about your ministry.

My husband and I have been trying to have our own little miracle for over 3 years now. We have hope that the Lord will bless us with a child. I started my blog almost 1 year ago, I needed to get out a lot of emotions that come with infertility. I also had been reading a lot of women's infertility blogs before I started a blog of my own, and it was a great encouragement for me to realize that I am not the only woman who is going through this journey. So many emotions come with infertility, and it is only normal, but not every one can relate to those emotions unless you have experienced infertility.

I have just recently realized that I cannot handle this on my own, I always tried to control our infertility my way. I was very wrong. I need the Lord's help. Prayer is my lifeline through our journey. I would love to lift you up in prayer as well!! If you are going through infertility as well, my advice to you would be, "Always know that the Lord is listening to your prayers, and always let Him carry your burdens." My burden of infertility was weighing me down to a point where it was affecting every aspect of my life in ways that I am not proud of, but the Lord has been right by my side helping me find myself again. I know that He can do the same for you!!!


Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner

Please let me know if you are struggling. It may be from infertility, or it may not. I would love to add you to my prayer list!
I feel blessed to have a direct line to our Lord. It is through Prayer.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so great, Lori, that God has placed this on your heart. You have such a sweet spirit, and I'm so glad I found your blog! :)

Meant to be a mom said...

Thanks for sharing with us Lori. I completely believe in power in prayer. I think that God does hear us. The more prayers he hears the better. Not that he would ever forget us, but why not keep reminding him. :). I feel like my miracle was givin to us because of all the wonderful faith and prayers we had lifted up to God. Through ourselves and through friends and family.
So I promise to keep you in my daily prayers. It will happen for you. Don't get discouraged, Just get excited for the future because you will have a baby. Prayer works.

Alphabet Soup Momma said...

Thanks for sharing your story, I know it is hard. My husband and I have been on our journey to parenthood since August 2007. I know how hard this journey is and how it affects EVERY aspect of your life! Praying for a miracle for you and your husband!

Julianne Hendrickson said...

You are such a sweet woman--God has blessed with you with the ability to pray for yourself and OTHERS during this difficult time.

The Pifer's said...

Hi sweet friend! I hope you know I am always praying for you!!!

Infertility is a huge rollercoaster-- a 4 year long one for us! I do not know the reasons God choose us or y'all or any of the other infertile couples I know; but I am thankful he did. I would have never met you otherwise...our realtionship with God wouldn't be where it is....sometimes God test or Faith to bring us closer in to him!

Love you sweetie!

A said...

I also feel thankful to have been blessed with an awesome comfort of being able to pray about all this infertility junk. Contrary to what happens to some, this journey has INCREASED my faith and excitement in God's plan for our life!! If you want, I humbly ask for your prayers as we begin the IVF process on Monday (consultation appt). Thank you so much- I have added you both to my list, too!

Beth Forbus said...

Hi Lori,

What a beautiful, sweet heart you have to offer to pray for others when you are experiencing infertility yourself. God has given you such a servant's heart. I'm so glad you've shared your story and are finding support for yourself too!

I found your blog at Kelly's Korner and I wanted to let you know about Sarah’s Laughter, the ministry God gave me through my own struggle with infertility. We’d love to encourage you as you continue on your journey, and offer you our support however we can. Our Daily Double Portions are encouraging devotions we send every day to build you up and uplift you as you face the daily struggle of infertility. If there’s anything Sarah’s Laughter can do for you, please don’t hesitate to let us know. We care about you and your journey. www.sarahs-laughter.com

Indy said...

Hi there! I found your blog through Kelly's Korner...glad I did.

Meant to be a mom said...

Your welcome. I know this can be a difficult road that seems to have no end. And nothing can make that feel better. But just know that you have true blog friends and real friends and family out there who do think of you and pray for you daily.

Kayli said...

So I know you're already receieved a bajiliion of these, but I just love reading your blog. I look forward to every time you post & enjoy reading each new thing you write. You are so encouraging as a sister in Christ & your faith amazes me.
All that to say, there's an award for you on my blog.

Lisa said...

Lori,
I found you at Kelly's Korner and I'm so glad I did. You seem like an amazing prayer warrior!
I myself had fertility issues, so I understand a little about what you are going through. However, after several pills and tests, I was told that my ovaries were normal, just in "hibernation." We had a dear, sweet woman named Marilyn Hickey lead prayer over us. If you know anything about her, you know she has an amazing ministry! I stood on Mark 11:24 and used that as my encouragement. Within 30 days we were expecting and we now have a beautiful 15 month old daughter. I know that God hears your prayers. I will remember you and your husband in my prayers. I will follow your blog and I look forward to the day you announce that you are going to be a Mommy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails