I have been blessed with a wonderful man to share my life with! We have made tons of memories together.
The first day I saw this boy walk into school I was instantly drawn to him. There was something about him that attracted me to him, for my hubby not so much, it took him some time to see how special I was! I was only in the 8th grade, and he was in the 10th. He made me so nervous, I could not even talk to him without feeling nauseous!
So by the end of that first school year we were seeing a lot more of each other. I think I gave my parents a lot of grey hair that year! I just thought I had to be allowed to go on a "date" with this guy at the age of 14 (with other people of course). So I ended up going, and we went to Taco Bell and then we went golfing! Ha! Talk about nerves. I had never picked up a golf club in all my life, and I don't think he had either. We went with another couple, and I ended up beating hubby!! I still rub that in! We had an instant connection! Once the nerves had died down a bit we were able to have nice conversation that night, we found out a lot about each other! Every since then we were barely ever apart!!
We dated for 4 years, and have now been married for 4 1/2 years! I was very young when we got married, almost 19 years old!! So that will explain why we look like kids in this next picture, it was a couple of months before we got married. It was the day of one of my bridal shower's at my parent's house.
The first two years of our marriage we barely took any pictures. I have since then got a new camera. So I am working on going back to find some older pictures, and getting them put on my computer. We both look so different, it is shocking to me how we have changed since we have been married.
The next picture will jump about 2 years. We went to PA for a wedding, then we visited the Sight and Sound Theatre, it was so beautiful.

This was later on in the year 2007. We went to eat with my parents at a place call Atwood Lake.

Next is August 2008, we went to Gatlinburg, TN with my family. We love Gatlinburg, we visited it for our first time on our Honeymoon in 2005. This picture was taken at the Apple Barn, a wonderful place to eat!!

This picture was from the same trip.

Fall of 2008, we went to a Cleveland Indians game with hubby's parents! One of the reasons I love my hubby so much is because he can make me laugh a lot. We can have so much fun together. That is one of the things that infertility had been affecting, I am really working on changing that because I do not want to lose that! I need to focus more on the Blessings that I do have, and not on what I do not have.

Hubby's first time ever hunting, and he gets a buck and a doe in the same night! That is so typical for hubby! He got lucky. That happened the end of 2008. I don't think he has been back in the woods since.

Christmas 2008

My baby brothers graduation in May of 2009.

The day we purchased hubby's baby. His Dodge Charger SRT8, he was and is in love. He is so ready to get that car out again. I think in all the years that I have known hubby, on this day he was the happiest I had ever seen him! I must say when you sit in that car, you can't help but feel happy!

I was able to go with hubby on a one night business trip in 2009, we had a great time. It was right around the time we had finished our Clomid with no success. We had lots of good conversation about our future.

Fall 2009, Golfing with hubby. Since our first date I have turned in my love of golf, and have instead become the golf cart driver! Very happily. I seriously think I pulled something last year when I tried to golf.

As I look back at these past years I feel so blessed to have spent so many moments with my Valentine. He is so special to me, he is what keeps me going. The best part of my day is when I am with him. If it would have been up to us, we would have a toddler right now, but obviously we do not. Through this difficult time, I am so thankful that I have him by my side. He is able to support me, and he always helps me see the positive in our situation. I cannot wait for the day when he will be a daddy, because he will be great!
As Valentine's Day approaches I want my hubby to know that I love him unconditionally, and I look forward to many more Valentines with him!!
When we were dating I started making hubby his favorite meal every Valentine's day, I will be trying to locate those pictures.





7 comments:
Love the pictures, Lori! You guys do look so young in that first picture. And then I read that it was taken just a few months before you married!?!? :) I was so nice to see pictures of you two through the years. Thanks for sharing!
WOW I knew you guys had been married awhile, but I didn't realize you guys had dated for so long before you got married! What a sweet, sweet love story!!
I am PRAYING that next year's Valentine's day looks a little different for you guys...because of a little one in your family =).
I know how hard infertility is on a woman, and can be on a marriage, and I am so grateful for a God who can use that time to stretch us and grow us for His glory. I am constantly being reminded of all the work the Lord was able to accomplish in me (but He is FAR FAR FAR from done!!) once I quit being bitter and let Him work.
His timing is perfect.
Praying His timing for you is soon =)
Love you sweet friend!!
so sweet and i had no idea you had been married since 19, so much fun! love gettin' to know ya girl!
Y'all are adorable. Infertility STINKS. Try to enjoy this time as just a couple and do lots of fun spontaneous things together!!!
A lovely love story. You guys look so cute & happy together - & you're beautiful!
what great pictures and beautiful memories. Thank you for sharing them and thank you for stopping by to say hi on my blog! :)
you two are so cute together!!!
love all the old pics!
is your header pic new/newer?
either way, i love it! you are beautiful!!
always praying for you hun!
Post a Comment