Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Lori's Kitchen Project-Tons of Sanding and Taping

I am so happy with the progress that I have made on my kitchen project this week, and it's only Wednesday!!

I tore off the wallpaper that the previous owner's had applied in all of my cupboards! It peeled off really easily, but this is what I found beneath the wallpaper...



...more wallpaper. It looks like they had tried to remove it as well, but it is stuck to the wood so hard. I gave up on trying to remove it. I want to find some type of liner to lay in all of my cupboards. Any recommendations on something cheap and easy to clean? I would love your help!!




These drawers have been sitting at this very spot for way to long, I finally got to take them outside and sand them! So now they are sitting in the basement ready to get there first coat of primer!! I am so glad that those are sanded!!




I also got all of the kitchen cupboards sanded down, taped off, cleaned off and ready for primer!!


I cannot believe the mess that I had in my house yesterday! See for yourself!


Sanding was the most dreaded part of my whole project! More dreaded than taking all of my things out of my cupboards, more dreaded than taking off all the hardware and doors, more dreaded than having a mess in my house!! So can you imagine how much I was pitying myself yesterday. I just thought I could not get through this part, but I made myself keep going. I am so glad that I did.


It was the biggest mess I have ever seen.


Dust everywhere!!



At this point, I did not even care about dust being in every crack of my kitchen!!




But I finally conquered this part of my project!! I got all of the sanding done!! I put that little electric sander (that was a life-saver borrowed from my Dad) back in its box with sheer delight. I could have screamed for joy. I think I actually did!!


I then got out my sweeper and dealt with the mess that I had created! I was having a lot of fun doing that because it was so dirty.


I swept out all my cabinets and all my counter tops.


I wiped down mostly everything.


Finally, I swept the floor.


My kitchen turned out somewhat clean by the time that I had completed all of those things. And I am so happy!!


My kitchen is taped off...


...cleaned up...



...and I beat my goal that I talked about here! My kitchen is ready for primer! I never thought this day would come. I'm hoping things will go quickly from here on out. I am so ready to see the finished result, so I think that will push me to keep going!

I am hoping to get the following things done by the weekend:

Prime the drawers I just sanded
Prime the kitchen cupboards
Purchase a small pint of my paint color that I choose
Sample the paint color to make sure I like it

So if everything goes smoothly the next kitchen project post will have pictures and an update of all these things!!

Today I feel so blessed to have survived a whole day of sanding, I was dreading it so much!!

I would love any tips on cupboard liners!



14 comments:

A said...

I cannot BELIEVE all the work you're doing!!! That is so admirable!! Hang in there- I'm sure it is going to look awesome when you're done!!

I left you some awards on my blog!

Alexis said...

Oh, I'm so glad I'm not you. Having a makeover would be awesome, but all the work...all the mess...and it's not like you can just shut the door and keep going on with life. The kitchen is the center of life in a house, even more so than the living room. Seriously, I'd go nuts. More power to you.

But it's gonna look awesome. Totally awesome.

We have some sort of like rubbery liner that we got from Wal-Mart. It's off-white with dark red checks on it. We really love it, and it's lasted us nearly five years. I actually have a couple of rolls left. I wish we lived closer because I would so give them to you.

Love ya, girl!!

Melody said...

Looks great! you go girl! Good thing your husband is ok with you doing all of this! :) Mine would be upset with me at this point.

Meant to be a mom said...

Oh my gosh, I'm so proud of you. That is such a big project but I truly think it will look amazing in the end. I absolutely cannot wait for you to post the final project.

Kendra said...

I HATE sanding!! HATE IT with a passion!! I am sooooo impressed you did all that! Seriously, just the THOUGHT of sanding all that would have made me bail on the entire project!!!!!

Can't WAIT to see the finished product!!!!!! (And a high chair in there soon too! =) )

Anonymous said...

can't wait until you are done... I want to see the finished product... Did you ever get your prize in the mail?

Jamie said...

Wow! So many cabinets! I can't wait to see the finished product :)

Anonymous said...

Wow. You are doing such a great job! The mess would have drove me insane too. But it's looking great!!

Julianne Hendrickson said...

WOW! I am so impressed with you!!

Elaina Weaver said...

I am so proud of you!!! And a little inspired. :)

Alphabet Soup Momma said...

I wish I had some advice to share but I have undertaken a project like yours! You are doing such an awesome job! Cannot wait to see the finished product!

Brittany said...

Thanks for the follow!! It's so great to meet another Columbus blogger! Do you live around the Columbus area?

Anonymous said...

I use to eat fast food all the time... I stay skinny because I have heart trouble that makes my heart beat faster than anyone so my metabolism is really high. =}

Unknown said...

Girl you deserve a day at the spa for all your hard work...ha!

I can't wait to see the finished project!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails