Yesterday I was able to cross some more things off of my kitchen project to-do list. I was very happy about that.
I was able to look at color swatches. I have decided to go with black and cream/off-white. I am really excited about my choice, but I am still nervous and anxious to see if the color will turn out how I'm imagining it. I want to find an antique white paint color, or something along those lines.
I'm hoping black hardware will really set off the white color, I'm afraid of it looking a little blah, since my cupboards are totally flat. But I think I would have that worry with any color. I have decided to spray paint all my old hardware black. Yesterday I washed all of the old hardware, and prepped it for spray paint. I have tons!
Yesterday I was also able to sand and prime my kitchen table legs. I didn't realize how much the table needed it until I got started. This table my mother-in-law found at our local thrift store, and I love it!! It is so cute. This was the before...
...and now here is the after (primer only).Note: I will be spray painting the table legs and the chairs black
.jpg)
After I got the table done, I still had enough time to sand the biggest parts of my two kitchen chairs with the electric sander. I froze doing that job on our back porch! Brrr. Tomorrow I want to hand sand the little spindles and the small areas. I will be spray painting the chairs. I still need to purchase spray paint for this job, so I'm hoping to have the chairs done by Friday. These chairs were given to us by hubby's parents, hubby grew up with these chairs and hopefully our kids will do the same. I think that is so neat!
.jpg)
Now on to something very exciting!
I found this...

...which will hopefully take care of this...
.jpg)
I am going to spray paint my green oven black!! It is a high heat spray paint, and I am super excited about this!! I want to get this job finished by the weekend as well, so I will show you all the details of how it goes, and of course, the after photo!!
It's amazing all the opportunities you have with a bottle of spray paint. I would love to see what you have done or will be doing with spray paint. You might surprise yourself!!
Today I feel so blessed to have had the strength and opportunity to work on my project.




6 comments:
You are doing a great job! Can't wait to see the finished products!
We had a horriblly ugly chandelier (sp) at our old house. It was copper colored. We took it down, sprayed it silver, and hung it back up. It was absolutely beautiful. It looked like a new fixture! We also had a gold framed mirror that we sprayed silver. It took was beautiful when we finished.
um, sorry I am a bit distracted, lol. These 8th graders are keeping me busy. I meant to say it also was beautiful when we finished and I have NO idea why I wrote the word took. I also did not mean to spell horribly wrong :)
Oh, it's all going to look so great! Kudos to you for thinking of spray painting the oven. That's totally going to look awesome!!
I completely agree!! Spray paint is the BEST, can't wait to see that oven :)
I am here through Ashley's blog (if I remember right! sometimes I go a little crazy clicking on people's comments!). Your kitchen project is amazing! I can't wait to see the results :) Stop by my blog anytime!
Post a Comment