Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Power of Prayer

I cannot believe that it has been 2 weeks since my visit to Indiana. I have been trying to take it easy, and trying not to do to much physical labor. Right now I feel good, I feel like my uterus has stayed. It still seems to be high, at least higher than it was! I have seen a major difference in my cycle already. I have already seen things that reminded me of how my cycle was before all my "issues" started, and it feels so good!

I have been so amazed at how the Lord has been working in my life. I was really struggling with so many things in my life, it seemed I could never get over some things and just be happy. He has showed me how to be happy again. As I type this, I have tears of joy. It all started with a simple prayer, a prayer of surrender and and prayer of pleading. The Lord has drawn me closer to Him in so many ways. I feel like prayer is our direct line to God, and I must admit, I was not using that line nearly as often as I should have been. Not only have I realized that prayer works in my life, but it can also work in your life. The Lord hears my prayers for you! I love praying for you, I love giving it to God. It is such a freeing thing to do. What really amazes me is how my prayers have been answered right in front of my eyes. They might not seem like huge requests, but those little requests that He answered have helped with healing in my life!! Also, those little answers to prayer remind me of how much He does care. I have often doubted that the Lord cares for me, as I have been dealing with infertility and all that it has affected in my life.


Everyone has struggles they go through, and many days I think mine are the biggest of all. I have realized my struggles are very minor. I have all bodily functions, I have a warm bed, I have a car, I have a job, I have not lost any children, I have a great hubby, I had safety today, I have a closet full of clothes, I have food in my fridge, I have loving parents, I have vacations to come, I can move around without pain, I have hair, I have the possibility of having children, I have warm shoes, I have bubble bath to put in my warm bath water, I have church clothes, I have so much! The list could go on and on. Many of the things that I have mentioned not everybody has been blessed with. It just breaks my heart. I've seen people that are suffering so much and they have more faith and more gratefulness than I do. That is a huge wake up call for me. There is so much more to my life than just thinking of what I do not have. Look at all I have! How could I not be satisfied. I feel really ashamed. What have people who are really struggling been thinking of me. I just hope and pray that I can have a positive impact on people rather than a negative and ungrateful one. I would love your prayers as I continue to try and do so.

As I have always known in the back of my mind that prayer does work, I have just recently been assured of that. I would love to lift you up in prayer. Please contact me with any prayer requests that you have. Anyone who needs prayer please let me know. If your having a bad day, if you are struggling with something in your life that you cannot seem to get past, or if you just want me to pray for you with no reason at all I would love to lift you up in prayer. Not just today but anyday to come. If you have a public request you can leave it in the comments then I will also post it onto my sidebar for others to see and pray for as well, or if you have a private request you can e-mail me at loriweaver86@yahoo.com.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this post. It was exactly what i needed to read. Can you please add me to your prayer list? i have a lot of things going on in my life right now that I feel hopeless to change. Thank you so much for you strength.

Alexis said...

Love this, Lori. So beautiful.

You know what I'd ask you to pray for, but today I'm just going to be thankful for what the Lord has already given me...and I'm going to kiss them again just for the fun of it.

Anonymous said...

GOD is GREAT!

You are always in my thoughts and prayers... I know how bad you and your husband want a baby and I pray that you get one soon. =}

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog not too long ago and I love to see how you are still seeking God even in the hard times. I had to learn the same lesson you did about getting over things and being happy again. I too had some infertility problems(though not like you) with trying to conceive my third. I became very bitter when I found out some one else was pregnant and not me. God worked on me and it seemed that as soon as I changed my heart he gave us our little miracle baby number 3. After over 2 years of trying and drs telling me it wasn't gonna happen, I am now 13 weeks pregnant and due Aug. 7th. Keep your chin up and your eyes on God and he will see you through! I will be praying for you even though I don't know you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails