So I got off to a great start on my kitchen project! Since I was sick I did not start until last week. I started by taking off all the door and the hardware on the door. Let me tell you that is a job in itself! I finished that in one evening. Here is a glimpse of how it went.

Next are pictures with all the doors off, I told my hubby that it's kinds nice not having to open doors to get to stuff! HA. I think he was worried that they would never get put back on! Trust me they will!


I then realized that I have tons of doors! I have my work cut out for me!

Sanding all the doors, and priming one side.
This was accomplished on Saturday. My hubby saved the day by helping me! He sanded all the doors, while I started to prime one side of the doors.
Below is a picture of my little work station, I think I will be seeing lots of it in the next few weeks.

I tinted my primer so my color will go on better. That was before I started to think about a cream color. It should still be alright though. I'm just telling myself that so I don't freak out!

I will be using this roller. It is fabulous to work with. It did a wonderful job!

Here is hubby's work station. We started to sand in the basement, but it made way to much dust. So we moved it to our garage, even though the temps were freezing cold! We were able to borrow an electric sander from my Dad, which was a total life saver. It worked like a gem! Hubby did the most amazing job on those doors. They were so smooth. After he would sand them I would wipe them off with a dry cloth, and then take it to my "little work station" (I just think that sounds so cute) and give the door it's first coat of primer. I was so impressed with how quick my part of the project went. The primer went on wonderfully!
Bye...Bye..Ugly...

Here is the finished product after the first coat of primer. I did one side, then let them dry till yesterday, then I did the final side. There are a total of 29 doors!


Here is the finished product after the first coat of primer. I did one side, then let them dry till yesterday, then I did the final side. There are a total of 29 doors!

I was thinking, Just stay patient, because I have lots more work to do!
Yesterday, I was able to get the other side of the doors painted. I feel very good about what hubby and I have got done. I don't know what I would have done without hubby's help! I think the sanding is the hardest part. Today I want to sand the kitchen table legs, and put the primer on. If it all goes well, I would love to sand and prime the kitchen chairs as well. Hopefully everything will keep going smoothly!
Yesterday, I was able to get the other side of the doors painted. I feel very good about what hubby and I have got done. I don't know what I would have done without hubby's help! I think the sanding is the hardest part. Today I want to sand the kitchen table legs, and put the primer on. If it all goes well, I would love to sand and prime the kitchen chairs as well. Hopefully everything will keep going smoothly!







8 comments:
I think it is going to be wonderful and SO much cheaper to do it yourself. We reno'd our old kitchen and we loved it when we finished. Do you have an older home? ours was built in 1954.
I hope you labeled the doors as you were taking them off. That's something I learned on HGTV. and yesterday I saw them cover up the openings with newspaper so that when you sand & paint the part of the cabinets attached to the walls, you won't get paint & dust on the contents. they just had the newspaper taped on there. looking good so far!!
lookingn good. Can't wait to see more pics of the project
Don't you just love working on things like that together? I love looking back at things like that, seeing the finished product, and thinking about how we did it together. It wouldn't be the way it is if we hadn't done it together.
Okay, enough squish!! It all looks great! And I have to commend you on your super organized cabinets. Let's just say that if I took the doors off of my cabinets, I wouldn't be showing pictures of anything inside! Ha!!
Looks good so far! What color did you decide to paint them?
Do you read www.younghouselove.com? They are a phenomenal resource for stuff like this. I can't wait to see the final product - I LOOOOOVE painted cabinet doors, so crisp!!
looks like the project is coming along nicely!!
i know the cabinets are going to look great once you are finally done! :)
i can't wait to see the finished product!!
hope you are having a great day hun!!
You sure do have a lot of cabinets! I can't wait to see the finished product :)
Post a Comment