Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Lori's Kitchen Project-In need of ideas

I have started on my kitchen project, but I have been having difficulty finding a paint color that I like. I did change my mind on the red that I had intended to use. I need your advice. I am leaning towards black (I don't want to go all black due to my black appliances), and I was leaning towards a darker green until I saw some of the following pictures with cream. I am also loving how two colors can look amazing. So take a look and let me know what you think would look best in my kitchen.

This first picture is my favorite!!

Here they used all black, but they have stainless steel appliances.



This next one is a little too modern for my taste.



I really like this next one, I might go a little darker with the green though. I love the cream color on top. Keep in mind my counter tops are not black, they are light.






This one is not bad. I hate the hardware, I am not into the stainless steel look. So I am trying to picture this with black hardware and black appliances.


Last but not least my kitchen (it looks a whole lot different now). Wow my kitchen is ugly! I would love to have kitchen #1 on my post, but I'm afraid it would take a lot more than just redone cabinets.

So if you can try to visualize what would look the best with the pictures I posted. Keep in mind I have a black dishwasher coming! And that ugly green oven won't be there forever!!

All photo's, except my own, are courtesy of google images.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have black appliances and black marble tops with dark wood cabinets and I love it. I didn't pick it out though. I think with black appliances, black cabinets would look nice. And you'll have a lighter counter top so it's not too dark. I like the last picture you posted before your kitchen. The one with like a green color on the bottom and white on top. That's nice too. Wow, I'm not much of a help. :)

The Pifer's said...

I really like the idea of doing cream and black or cream and sage-ish green!

Julianne Hendrickson said...

I love the green, black and creme--green cabinets on bottom, white on top, cream walls, black appliances--black hardware would be so pretty!!

allison said...

I'd say get all black cabinets with new hardware, and get a pretty speckled granite countertop.

Alexis said...

Okay, I think it would look neat if you did off white on all of the cabinets except for the ones that make the wall around your stove. The ones in the corners that are kind of at an angle, I'd make them off white, too. And black hardware. Awesome. ;)

Meant to be a mom said...

I say you should do black cabinets or re-stain them a really dark wood color. Do your counters in one of those cream granites. So pretty.

I'm excited to see what you decide and what you end up with. You HAVE to post pics when your done.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails