
I, along with my Mom and sister, am hosting a baby shower for my new little nephew. I am in charge of baby shower games. I have done games before, but my mind seems to be totally blank when it comes to planning the games. If you have any games that you wouldn't mind sharing I would be very happy to hear from you! ANY ideas would help.
I'll make sure to post about how the shower went. It is scheduled for Monday, Sept. 21. I am attempting a diaper cake, any tips on that would be greatly appreciated as well! I will let you know how it turns out!!
Thank You to all my blogger friends for encouraging me through my very low moments in life as we go through infertility. Your sweet comments mean more to me than you know. It is really a strange thing to share all my thoughts and fears with you even though we have never met. I think it is a blessing to have people like you to encourage me and lots of others that are struggling also.



2 comments:
Okay, some of my favorites that we've done at our church...
Divide into teams and give every team a piece of paper with the outline of a face. No one is allowed to look while the first person is drawing, and they get ten seconds to do whatever they want to the drawing. Then it passes to the next person. After everyone has had a chance, it's supposed to be what the baby is going to look like. Most of the time, it's a mess, but it's funny.
Find out what the mommy and daddy's favorite children's books are and do a Pictionary of the titles of the books. That one was at my shower. *pauses to wipe tears*
Ask a new mom if you can borrow a bunch of different colored baby socks and see who can fold them the fastest.
Suspend a clothes line across the room and have people hold a stuffed animal about the size of a baby (or a REAL baby if there's one present) and talk on the phone to an imaginary somebody and hang up as many kitchen towels and dish rags as possible in a certain amount of time. You can do this one blind folded, too.
That's all I can think of at the moment, but I'll let you know if I think of something else.
I know how hard it can be to do baby showers when you feel like you'll never have one of your own, and I'll be praying for you.
Alexis
Oh one of my FAVORITES is "celebrity baby match up" you take names of celebrity parents and list them down one side of a page, and their baby names and list them down the other, and then have people match them up. It's so fun! There are some CRAZY baby names out there. Just google "celebrity baby names" and you should get TONS of options!
On another note...praying for you as your throw this shower. I have thrown many while suffering from infertility, and it's not fun...may the Lord give you strength and joy!
Post a Comment