Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Never Again!

General View of the Babies R Us where Ricky Martin shopped for his twins



Attention all ladies going through infertility!!!

Never, ever go to a Babies R Us unless you want to be miserable. I made the huge mistake of going there tonight with my Mom and Grandma to shop for my sisters baby shower. As soon as I walked in I saw tons of baby stuff. I mean not just here and there, it was EVERYWHERE.

So the first thing I saw was a pregnancy calendar, I wanted to buy it so bad. Not just to buy it, I wanted to use it! No matter how much I want to write in that calendar, I realized then and there that I no matter how much I wanted to experience pregnancy and motherhood, there was not one stinkin thing that I could do about it. I just stood there looking at all these baby things just thinking in my head, how am I ever going to survive this? I felt like being a child and just sitting on the floor right in the middle of baby land and sobbing my eyes out. But I put the book down, and pulled myself together so I could get out of there as soon as possible. I ended up walking through the whole store, looking at everything that you would ever need if you would get pregnant and have a baby. There were so many things that I wanted so bad. But again when I say I wanted to buy the items, I wanted to be able to fill those items. Fill them with a child. A miracle. A gift from God. An angel. My child.

So note to self: Stay away from Babies R Us!!

2 comments:

Jaclyn said...

Ya...I've tortured myself by walking through that store a few times on the search for a baby shower gift. I've decided that from now on I'll buy stuff online...much less painful that way!

Michelle said...

I'm with you. I HATE that store. It doesn't matter whose shower I go there for, I never feel happy for them. I'm always upset at what I don't have. I avoid that store at ALL costs. I'm with Jaclyn, shop online...quick and painless!!
~Michelle

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails