I had a doctor appointment on Friday to follow-up on our 2nd month of Clomid. I had a great morning before the appointment, so I was in good spirits and OK with the low levels of progesterone that I knew I had. My doctor was also surprised that the levels did not significantly go up, but she said some people only need that next dosage to spike the levels. So she told me that we will try 150MG of Clomid this month along with the Provera to start my cycle. Then if my levels do not go up again, then they can no longer help us. We will then need to go to a larger infertility clinic, which is in Beachwood, OH a little over 1 hour from us. She said she does not know why the clomid is doing nothing for me, but hopefully the 150MG will be just enough to raise those levels. If not the larger Clinic has a lot more to offer, and a lot more tests they can run to see if there are any other issues, and also stronger drugs. So this next month will be very difficult for me. I have been letting my emotions get the best of me so much after my appointment yesterday. I really need to get my faith back to where it was, I feel like I just want to give up.
So I am going to get my cycle started right away, hopefully the 150MG of clomid won't kill me with side effects. I have a feeling those hot flashed might be paying me a visit.
Today I am thankful for a wonderful Doctor who has done everything possible to help us become parents.



13 comments:
I am praying for you, friend. I will be thinking and praying for you on Mother's Day. I know how hard that can be, but I also know the help that God can give you. I pray that He does!
Oh sweet friend...I am just so sorry. I am praying for you! I am PRAYING this very next cycle of clomid at the higher dose does the trick! Please Lord- let it be!!
I know exactly how you are feeling...we got a call last month from our doctor diagnosing very low progesterone, and basically saying "we have to send you somewhere else...there is nothing else we can do for you here" and it just broke me!! I felt soooo inadequate.
I am praying with the heart of a woman WHO KNOWS how you are feeling. Praying for comfort and peace from Christ alone.
Hugs,
kendra
Prayers for you that the 150 mg of clomid will do the trick. Not sure if you are interested or not but maybe trying Femara might do the trick. You can get a free month and supposedly the side effects arent as bad. The hot flashes are terrible with Clomid. Also, just curious at what time in your cycle you are testing. I know with my old OB-GYN she tested only at day 21 and I found out that I O very late so maybe that could be possible and maybe the test is too early:) Just a thought.
Im praying that this is all you need is just an extra dosage of Clomid!! You keep your faith up as well as your head! You will get through this!! My prayers are with you!
Hello, You don't me but after reading this first post, I felt I needed to post a comment. I had the hardest time getting pregnant and tried clomid several times uping the dose each time-with NO luck. We met with a fertiliy specialist and I told him everything I had done, he then said How Clomid is such an ancient drug, he is surprised doctors are still using it. He told me to ask my doctor about FEMARA! We did and he let us try- the next month I was pregnant with my first son. Then we did it again when my son was 9 months and the second month of using it I was pregnant with my second son. We will be trying it again next year hoping to get our little girl.
I know I just wrote a novel, sorry, but I hope to give you hope and at least try it. Good luck, it will happen when the time is right!
Oh and I didn't have any side effects from the FEMARA. Let me know if you have any questions.
lori~ i am praying that this is THE cycle!! i am so so sorry that you are having to endure all of this.
praying for you!!!
I will be praying for you as you take your next Clomid...oh the hot flashes...I so remember those...good luck and keep and ice pack close...an extra big icecream Blizzard or Frosty from Wendy's helped me cool down and comfort me...any reason to eat icecream. Don't forget to enjoy eachother as a couple and spend this time building memories and a great foundation of marriage to introduce your "future children" to...Praying.......
Lori, praying that the new dose of Clomid will work and that the side effects will not be too bad! Having to move on to a fertility clinic can be a scary prospect, but I felt much more comfortable after our first visit. Since they deal solely with fertility issues, there is nothing they haven't seen or treated, which gave me much hope.
I've given you an award! Details on my blog!
Lori, I am praying for you because I know how hard it is to hear tough news!! I am praying that the 150mg Clomid will work for your body! And I know that hearing you might have to go to a "Fertility" clinic seems like such a last straw kind of move, but I have had good experiences at my clinic. They have so many ideas and possible solutions for every problem, I can't help but to be encouraged for you! You are in my prayers! Keep us updated!
Thanks for the sweet comment! Love your blog as well. Good luck with everything, I will be praying for yall. ;)
Hope you're doing well and survived mother's day! Hang in there...you're in my prayers!
Post a Comment