Savannah Lane is 6 Months Old
It is so hard to believe that you are halfway to your 1st Birthday! Your Daddy and I have treasured every moment that we have had with you. This was the shortest 6 month of our lives! You have made a ton of changes in the last month alone!
-You are almost sitting on your own.
-You are not rolling a lot, but you know how.
-You have your good and bad nights of sleep, about 75% of the time you sleep through the night. Usually about 12 hours. 7pm-7am.
-You love to eat your big girl food! We only feed you once around 5pm. You usually eat a veggie and some fruit mixed with your oatmeal cereal. You have had peas, green beans, sweet potatoes, squash with corn, carrots, bananas, pears, prunes, peaches, and apples. You hate carrots, and your favorite is sweet potatoes!
-It took your bowels about 3 weeks to adjust to these new eating habits, prunes always helped out!
-You still breastfeed, and it is going really well. You breastfeed around 5-7 times a day, on demand. Although Momma cannot wait until this stage is over! Lets just say it does not help with weight loss, it just makes Momma extremely hungry all the time!
-Momma is haunted by your upcoming well check, every time I think about your shots I start to feel nauseated. Daddy must go along. You are my heart sweet girl, every time you hurt, I hurt more!
-You have found your toes/feet. You love to kick them up in the air and play with them!
-You love to play toys!
-Momma feels like you get bored so we try to find lots of new things for you to do, like going on walks, watching Baby Ein.steins in the morning, folding laundry with Momma, visiting g-ma, trying to find new toys for you around the house like measuring spoons that you love!
-You love to be around new exciting things as long as Momma is right there with you, or Daddy! You have often times cried until Momma comes to get you! I know now to stay right there with you sweet girl! It sure does break my heart when I see you crying! You never cry when you are with your Momma and Daddy, only when you are ready to eat your last meal at bedtime, sometimes you just cannot wait patiently while we get you into your Jammie's after bath time. You want to eat and sleep immediately!
-We never would even think to let you Cry It Out! We have been blessed to never even need to think about that, you are a very good baby.
Length:
Birth: 18 inches
2 Weeks: 19 inches
11 Weeks: 23 inches
4 Months: 24 inches (approx)
5 Months: 26 inches
6 Months: 26 inches? (approx)
Weight:
Birth: 6lbs 1oz
2 Weeks: 6lbs 5oz
2 Months: 9lbs (approx)
11 Weeks: 11lbs 10oz
4 Months: 13lbs (approx)
5 Months: 13lbs 12oz
6 Months: 16lbs?? (approx)
-You went swimming in a heated pool for the 1st time, and you loved it!
-You laughed and laughed at my parents little poodle when we were dog sitting, he just cracked you up when he would play with his toys (this in now way means we are getting a dog!)
-You still do really well in your car seat, if you are ready for a nap, you usually sleep really good in your seat if we are driving/shopping.
-You get a bath every night before bedtime, and you love it!
-On the nights that Momma is working, Daddy usually takes care of you and puts you to bed
-If you wake up before Daddy leaves he will get you and change your diaper while Momma makes her coffee. Momma LOVES this! I adore listening to Daddy talk to you while he changes you, then I hear you talking back and squealing with joy. My heart instantly feels so thankful for you and your Daddy. You are Daddy's little girl, and Mommas little Angel!
-Your 1st Christmas is quickly approaching. Momma is VERY excited to shop for you, and to get out your pink tree!





5 comments:
I can't believe she is 6 months old!! She is so beautiful!
YAY! Happy 6 months!! She is so adorable! :)
Look at all that curly hair! and it's so long. She is such a cutie. How sweet that she likes to be with her momma too! :-)
I hear ya on being FAMISHED while breastfeeding!! I felt like I could eat a steak at 7am! HA!
I also hear ya on Crying It Out. I never had the heart for it when the twins were little, and truth be told I am still not good at and they are 17 months old!! We did have to do SOME crying at 10 months when they started waking up like newborns again (like every 2 hours!!) at night and we knew they needed to learn to put themselves back to sleep. But even then we only did 5 minutes at a time and went in to comfort in between!!! And that was SOOO HARD for me!! But, we all needed to get some sleep =)
Glad things are going so well!! =)
Savannah is growing up! She's such a beautiful little girl :)
Post a Comment