Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, May 6, 2011

Baby Savannah's 1st EASTER

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter! We sure did!! I am so behind on my blogging, its sad!! Here are some pictures of our Easter!

I remember all the years past that I felt this huge void on all Holidays when we were going through Infertility. I felt so blessed as we celebrated our 1st Holiday as a family of 3! I had so much to be thankful for this Easter!



Thankful for my wonderful Hubby who stuck with me through all those emotional years of IF. I will say those years were probably just as difficult for him as they were for me. In different ways though, for him it was that his wife was consumed with IF, and left him feeling neglected. Which I regret to this day. For me it was the desire to be a Momma. I regret letting it consume my whole life for the majority of the years were were going though IF. I remember a couple of months before were got pregnant I gave it all to God and felt an amazing peace. I then realized how many years I let slip by consumed with only one thing. Those years I will never be able to get back, but I can now try to make up for them.

I know its easy for me to say these things since I now have my baby girl, but I say these things to encourage others that are struggling as well. I pray the Lord will give you peace!



Thankful for my Saviour who arose from the dead, and paid for all my sins. When I really stop and think of that sacrifice it makes me feel so undeserving. It makes me strive to make Him proud of me, HIS child. Thank you LORD!



Happy BELATED Easter!


On a different note, I have been working on Savannah's 2 Month post for about 3 weeks now!! Its sad I know! In another week I will need to start her 3 Month post!! My little girl has not been all that content since about 3 weeks after she was born. So most days I end up holding her a LOT, which I LOVE, but it does keep me from doing some things, like blogging. Then when she does give me some time to get things done, I'm flying around to get laundry, cooking and household chores done. I have so much to post about her, she had been a lot more content in the last week. So hopefully I can get a few posts done now.


I have got to include that last night was the FIRST night she slept in her crib, and the second night that she slept for over 6 hours straight!! I was so proud of her!! This is the little girl who would not nap for more than 20 minutes in her crib! So you can imagine I was over the moon happy! She had been sleeping in a bassinet in our room, and most of her daytime naps consisted of me holding her or in her swing! One thing I have got done is watch a LOT of TV! HA!!


Hopefully soon her 2 month post will be done!!




6 comments:

Jamie said...

What a beautiful family!

Shay said...

Your family is precious

Brittany said...

What sweet pictures!! You good great by the way!

Callie said...

Oh gracious, I LOVE her Easter dress! So adorable! I liked reading your thoughts on your IF journey, I think they are encouraging to others who have dealt with infertility (like moi)and especially those who are dealing with it now!
And I can totally relate to watching too much TV - I feel like that's all I do lately, especially with my knee injury now - I shoudl probably read more instead, but TV takes so little effort when you're tired, you know?
Anyway, I'm glad you had a good Easter! You are a beautiful family!

Kendra said...

Both my babies really seemed to "wake up" around 3 weeks old. This after all that time of me having to wake them every 3 hours to eat, and then fight to keep them awake during our nursing sessions!

But I really remember at 3 weeks they started crying ALOT more and wanting to be held allllll the time. It seemed to taper off about 9 weeks. And it was at 9 weeks we started getting 5 hour sleep stretches too.

Hopefully you are on the upswing =).

You look great and it's so good to hear from you!

Anna & Kirby said...

Thank you for your encouragement. Great post!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails